Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Those of you with HID highs (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/those-of-you-with-hid-highs-2869.html)

CatMan879 09-24-2009 03:49 PM

Those of you with HID highs

how does this work i thought you couldn't use HIDs for highs because they need to warm up and and when you switch to them you wont beable to see anything help me understand this i know im about to feel like an idiot for some reason

B.P.O.D 09-24-2009 03:52 PM

Re: Those of you with HID highs

it def isn't recommended at all!!! when they first turn on they flash really brightly and then need a little time to warm up.

if you are somewhere where you will have your high beams on for a long period of time while driving then it makes sense to have them.

for flashing they are def not a good idea. the bulbs or ballasts will def die quickly if flashed all the time

CatMan879 09-24-2009 03:58 PM

thats what i thought... and damn Irf are you ever off this site i think you were the first to respond on the last thread i started too

Matt 09-24-2009 04:00 PM

Irf is first to respond between the hours of 10am-5pm EDT.

White WK Swagga 09-24-2009 04:00 PM

Unless it's factory. My X5 had 2 sets of highs. The projector pattern changes for switched on (push the stick forward) perm highs. But to flash (pull the stick torward you) the inner round sets of lights flash with non HID halogens.

B.P.O.D 09-24-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 66644)
Unless it's factory. My X5 had 2 sets of highs. The projector pattern changes for switched on (push the stick forward) perm highs. But to flash (pull the stick torward you) the inner round sets of lights flash with non HID halogens.

hmmm nate when i last checked the wk's didn't have bi-xenon lights LOLOLOL BUUUUUUUUUUURN!!!! LOLOL

Megatron 09-24-2009 04:05 PM

IRF is technical support.

B.P.O.D 09-24-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhettoB879 (Post 66641)
thats what i thought... and damn Irf are you ever off this site i think you were the first to respond on the last thread i started too

hehe yeah im on during work:) im glad to be able to help ya LOL

White Chocolate 09-24-2009 04:16 PM

Your better off going with some good quality halogen bulbs, This is the main reason why I didnt get high beam HID's, also because I'm in Canada by high beams use half the voltage and are my day time running lights, therefore, if I had HID's in my high beams they would flicker during the day and the ballasts would probably burn out.

CatMan879 09-24-2009 04:17 PM

alright so heres another one for all of you with HID lows what bulds did you use in the highs to match your lows

B.P.O.D 09-24-2009 04:19 PM

i didn't:) hehehe just using stock high's

LTrainGC 09-24-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhettoB879 (Post 66657)
alright so heres another one for all of you with HID lows what bulds did you use in the highs to match your lows

I have the silverstar ultra's in my high's and they look so yellow compared to the 5K lows. I rarely use them now though.