Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f197/)
-   -   Fogs? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f197/fogs-28694.html)

ChiefNWA 09-18-2011 07:52 PM

Fogs?

Alright, I'm looking at getting some fogs for my WJ. Mine did not come with them stock, at all. I've been given conflicting information on whether the wiring is already there for them or not. So, some questions I'd like to get answered before I buy anything.
1 - Is the wiring for the fogs in the bumper or not. I've gotten underneath the Jeep and looked but I can't find anything.

2 - I assume I'd have to purchase the stalk with the fogs switch on it right?

3 - How would I install them. Is there a bezel or something I need to buy since the current setup has a sort of guard on it?

Gus9890 09-20-2011 10:50 PM

Re: Fogs?

I have an '01 WJ, it had stock fogs, nut I replaced them with projector/halo fogs. You should be able to wire them in with a toggle switch cause it sounds like you might not have the wiring in yours.

bematare 09-21-2011 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA (Post 486709)
Alright, I'm looking at getting some fogs for my WJ. Mine did not come with them stock, at all. I've been given conflicting information on whether the wiring is already there for them or not. So, some questions I'd like to get answered before I buy anything.
1 - Is the wiring for the fogs in the bumper or not. I've gotten underneath the Jeep and looked but I can't find anything.

3 - How would I install them. Is there a bezel or something I need to buy since the current setup has a sort of guard on it?

Sounds like you have a WJ w/o a fog light bumper, you have a couple options(I'm in the same boat as you)

A. Retro-fit the fog lights on there(dremeling out the grilles, and installing the fog lights, DIY style.

B. Buy a 01-04 WJ bumper w/ fog light assembly(from the pictures it has 3 holes to screw it in place and I believe comes with wiring.. not sure.

C. Say "**** fogs" and get some DRL(Daytime running lights) LED's strips, or w/e and lay em down there.

My next mod is to buy some medium quality LED DRL strips and equip them in my bumper grille slots, but keep us informed champ!

dhillon09 09-22-2011 08:52 PM

If you buy after market halo fogs they come with wiring to retrofit fogs into a truck that didn't originally come with them.

Raptor 10-06-2011 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA (Post 486709)

The wiring is mounted into black plugs behind your front bumper skin on the unibody frame. If you remove the front urethane skin you will see them on either side below the headlights right in front of the fenders.

You will need the lights, a new OEM stalk w/the pullout fog light switch built in, & a mini 10A relay that mounts in the under dash PDC.

The OEM stalk w/fog switch will also enable the automatic headlight feature in all WJ's without this function, if you also install the small red sensor that mounts in the drivers side dash by the tweeter, provided the stalk has the auto headlight feature.

Your biggest problem is mounting the OEM fogs into a front bumper that doesn't have any tabs for you to mount the fogs into. Mopar used to sell a kit that worked for your larado front bumper, but they no longer offer it.

I have all these parts including a Limited front bumper skin w/ OEM fogs installed if your interested. If you just need the stalk w/fog switch and auto headlight feature, dash mounted sensor, mini relay, and/or OEM fogs w/all OEM mounting hardware I'll sell you them as a package. PM me and let me know what you may want.