Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Negotiations for a 2012 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/negotiations-for-a-2012-a-28850.html)

kxc223 09-21-2011 10:27 PM

Negotiations for a 2012

Hi Guys. I have been ready to buy a 2012 for a couple of months now. I had my car appraised at the local dealer and at the time they told me to wait as I wanted an Overland with the True Blue colour. They suggested that I wait to see if any incentives might come up and that as it was a pretty standard order they could get me one off another lot when they started coming in.
Yesterday they phoned and said that I might as well come in and order one as none have shown up yet. Do you think it's a coincidence that it's now near the end of the month or does that make a difference on an "ordered" vehicle?
I would appreciate any advice or tactics I can use to get the price down as I'm already paying a stupid premium just to but the Jeep here in Canada. Thanks.

scittb 09-21-2011 10:34 PM

Re: Negotiations for a 2012

If you can persuade yourself off of the blue, get an 11. Same exact truck and they are trying to get rid of them, lots of incentives and you get the same truck and its cheaper. Between the tread lightly discount and the incentives you can get a pretty awesome deal I would think!

kxc223 09-21-2011 11:24 PM

Yeah, they have already tried to talk me into a 2011 and they have a few on their lot. The 2011's are starting to get pretty thin on the ground though and I don't want rear entertainment or the advanced cruise control etc. Plus the depreciation right off the bat for it being a model year older is not very attractive to me. I'm hoping that the 2012's will have most of the bugs worked out that I have been reading about on this forum too.

sined240 09-22-2011 06:41 AM

They reason they told you to come in and order a True Blue is because you wont see them until at least the end of Oct at the earliest, because the order banks haven't even opened to my knowledge. Suppose to open up probably late this month or early next month and start production late Oct. Then 2 weeks in transit and you will see it early November.

bromhead 09-22-2011 12:34 PM

There have been a lot of posts regarding getting a better deal on a 2011 vs a down the line higher resale value of a 2012....

Using USAA, back in August, i got 1,200 off invoice on a pre order for a 2012 and got exactly what i wanted.

That being said, for a 2011, you have a lower invoice price, higher discount from some services and if you are lucky, the 750 coupon i just got in the mail...in my case that would have worked out to @2-3k savings over my 2012....several weeks ago when the true nature of the "new" 6 speed tranny became known (after i put down 500 bucks for the pre order), i looked for a 2011 in the configuration i wanted....I couldn't fine one, and rather than compromise, i continued with my pre order.

YMMV,but if i could have found what i wanted in a 2011, i would probably have gone that route.