Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f197/)
-   -   Body Kits for a WJ?? With pics? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f197/body-kits-for-a-wj-with-pics-28894.html)

brikobus 09-23-2011 08:54 AM

Body Kits for a WJ?? With pics?

Hello all.... I am new to this forum... matter of fact I'm new to the Jeep community. I just recently purchased a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Columbia Edition. I want to make it a super clean "street truck". I love the front and rear bumper on the srt8, so I was wondering if they do a kit like this for the WJ? Or can i fit the stock srt8 bumpers onto the WJ? If not thats fine... but is there any body styling kits for the WJ, I cant find any anywhere :( I have already takin the roof racks off and actually am woking on a idea I think will look pretty slick to cover up that "race track" groove where they sat lol. And currently doing some engine rebuild to it. Let me know & thanks for the help

Scottina06 09-23-2011 11:45 AM

There was a body kit someone posted made in austrailia maybe? Don't know.......
You could so the srt bumpers....but they would have to be custom made.

sent from my HTC EVO

scjeep4.7HO 09-23-2011 05:52 PM

Good luck, I don't know if there is anything that looks worth a damn.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

straty1987 09-23-2011 07:52 PM

Re: Body Kits for a WJ?? With pics?

welcome, but body kit and jeep don't go.

TJXJWJ 09-23-2011 08:07 PM

I agree with straty, but to each their own. With some modifications, you can really get a street look without changing body panels. Grilles, SRT replica wheels, tinted tails and windows, that's all I really did and am very happy with it. There may be some hood options out there, but that's really about it. A company out of Europe named Startech might have some stuff for you too...google'em. There are also lowering springs out there that drop it a little.

brikobus 09-24-2011 01:37 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies. Im already planning on doing 5% tint all around and 50% on the windshield, wanting to lower it as much as possible on 22" sport truck wheels and doing after market head / tail lights. I guess thats about all I can do then and just do some killer audio/video inside :)

Gus9890 10-01-2011 10:11 AM

It's next to impossible to find a body kit for em but look round different sites, you can find things to make yours have a clean street look. I have a '01 WJ Limited and that's what I've been doin. Work in progress though lol

99PlatinumWJ 10-01-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brikobus (Post 489562)
Thanks everyone for the replies. Im already planning on doing 5% tint all around and 50% on the windshield, wanting to lower it as much as possible on 22" sport truck wheels and doing after market head / tail lights. I guess thats about all I can do then and just do some killer audio/video inside :)

if you have the factory front tow hooks and want to sell them because your going for the street look, let me know! i want a set!!!

brikobus 10-04-2011 04:49 PM

unfortunately I dont have a set of the tow hooks sorry bro....

and show some pics Gus... would like some inspiration... and know of any lowering kits more than 2"?

bematare 10-04-2011 04:54 PM

Got any pictures of flender flares?

GreenWithEnvy801 10-05-2011 10:03 PM

You can't co any lower that 2 inches. the axle in the front is already so close to the sub frame and if it's 4wd the distance between pumpkin and the oil pan is at it's limit of comfort at 2 inches. I have H&R sport springs on mine and i love it. Once they settle they're a hair past 2 inches.

Gus9890 10-06-2011 12:07 PM

I'll put up some more pics soon, doin some work on my front end hopefully this coming weekend.