Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   Lift and Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/lift-and-tires-28902.html)

Panak 09-23-2011 12:40 PM

Lift and Tires

Ok so im looking for a good 2'' spacer lift (unless anyone knows of a bigger spacer lift kit) to put in my jeep

also after i lift it i wanna max out the tire size i can have with my stock rims

so my question for you guys is what is a good spacer lift kit and what would be the max size i could go with out rubbing on anything (hopeing for at least 32's but im not sure)

Rak187Inf 09-23-2011 12:52 PM

Re: Lift and Tires

I went with the RC 2 inch lift, and then put in grabber at2's 265/70/17, I get some pretty good rub at full lock, and I had to trim the bolt. Unfortunatley different tires are going to rub differently. I'm putting on a 1.5 inch spacer in hope of getting rid of the rub. Your best bet is to find someone with the tire you like, and look into what size they're using and what mods theyve done to get rid of any rubbing. 265/70/17 is the size rough country recommends for their 2 inch lift, but I still have rubbing, so who knows, lol. Just my 2 cents

antsjeep 09-23-2011 04:31 PM

RAK187 - you need to do the pinch weld mod. You have the exact setup as me and once you do the PW mod you'll have ZERO rubbing.

Rak187Inf 09-23-2011 07:43 PM

I seem to be rubbing on the sway bar, not the wheel well. I'm hoping once the spacers go on it'll stop, but I'm prob gonna end up doin the pinch weld just to have one less thing to worry about lol. I've only had the AT2s on for 2 weeks, but so far I love them! How have they been treating you?

hbheath 09-23-2011 09:19 PM

The struts/shocks are going to affect your ride quality as much as or more than the type of lift you use...tires-go with 265/70R17.

antsjeep 09-24-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rak187Inf (Post 489297)
I seem to be rubbing on the sway bar, not the wheel well. I'm hoping once the spacers go on it'll stop, but I'm prob gonna end up doin the pinch weld just to have one less thing to worry about lol. I've only had the AT2s on for 2 weeks, but so far I love them! How have they been treating you?

i think once you have those spacers installed 80% of your rubbing will be eliminated.

So far they are great tires. Ive had them on for roughly 5k now and ride awsome. I just cant wait for some heavy snow falls and really put hem to the test, haha.

readingbabelfish 10-03-2011 05:21 PM

I have a RR 2.25" lift with BFG Long Trail 265/70/17. I also have bilstein shocks and get minimal rubbing at full lock. I did trim the uca bolt, but just for peace of mind. I had spacers because I didn't believe it would fit without them but it did. So I took the spacers back.

Lucas J 10-03-2011 05:37 PM

I have the rocky road outfitters 2.25 BB. I really like it, although some folks have issues with their customer service. I for one have never had an issue with them or their products. I run 265/70/17 BFG AT. When I ran them on stock rims I had to run spacers to avoid cutting the bolt. With spacers I had very minimal rubbing. Recently I changed over to Mamba mr-1 wheels and with the same rubber, I need to do the pinch weld mod.