Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f136/)
-   -   quick question for srt8 guys please (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f136/quick-question-for-srt8-guys-please-28905.html)

KidFresh5.7 09-23-2011 01:48 PM

quick question for srt8 guys please

Hey,

I had someone back into my stock bumper on my 5.7 so as long as it needs to go I've been considering making the srt8 switch to make the front. I just a few questions if anyone could help me out.....

I was wondering how tall the bumper is on the side (In hopes to run my exhaust out behind the right rear) and wanted to see just how much lower I would have to go.

I was also wondering how far below the chrome strip the bumper extends before you get to the exhaust opening? (In hopes of somehow maintaining my tow hitch where the srt8 exhaust exits)

If anyone could help me out with these measurements it would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,

Marcus

limitEd1 09-24-2011 08:22 AM

Re: quick question for srt8 guys please

Marcus, I was wondering the exact same thing. I was considering doing an SRT rear but on my 5.7 I have the factory trailer hitch as well. From looking at pix it is hard to tell how much lower that rear bumper really is. Wish I could help you with the answer but like you I am looking for a response from the members here who are very knowlegeable.

Relwarc 09-24-2011 08:50 AM

I can go take some measurements if you want....

Give me exactly what parts you want measurements from and I'll go grab some.

Remember, don't ask for a measurement from the ground, the suspensions are different.

KidFresh5.7 09-24-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relwarc (Post 489464)
I can go take some measurements if you want....

Give me exactly what parts you want measurements from and I'll go grab some.

Remember, don't ask for a measurement from the ground, the suspensions are different.

Right, I dont need anything from the ground. If I could get a side measurement (Like the part you can see in a dead-on side shot of the jeep) of the rear bumper from its top to its bottom and a measurement on the dead back middle of the bumper from the bottom of the chrome strip to the very top of the exhaust opening that would be awesome.

Thanks

Relwarc 09-24-2011 03:11 PM

17" on the side and 5.5" from the strip to exhaust opening.

limitEd1 09-24-2011 05:27 PM

Relwarc, thanks for the info..can u give measurement from the bottom of the chrome strip to the bottom of the bumper? I want to see if it is actually longer than my stock bumper and if so by how much to consider if it worth doing the bumper exchange.

KidFresh5.7 09-24-2011 10:06 PM

Thanks man, appreciate it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relwarc (Post 489590)
17" on the side and 5.5" from the strip to exhaust opening.

Relwarc 09-24-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limitEd1 (Post 489626)
Relwarc, thanks for the info..can u give measurement from the bottom of the chrome strip to the bottom of the bumper? I want to see if it is actually longer than my stock bumper and if so by how much to consider if it worth doing the bumper exchange.

Will do.... tomorrow

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

KidFresh5.7 09-27-2011 03:23 PM

Based on the side number I'm working under the assumption it goes about 2'' lower. My side looks to go about 15'' to his 17''.

Relwarc 09-27-2011 08:51 PM

yeah my bad, i am not home now until Friday night.. but yeah ima say that sounds right, 2"

limitEd1 09-28-2011 09:44 AM

Thanks...I went out and did measurements on my bumper and I will have to agree with the approximate 2 inch longer difference between the 2 bumpers