Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Custom Front Light Bar

6K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  omelet 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys just installed my custom light bar i just picked up... its one of a kind and im pretty stoked about it! Also picked up 3 Hella lights to put up front, they have been converted to 5000K HID lights which are VERY bright. Ill be wiring them soon and then i'll post some night shots. :thumbsup:

My favorite part about this bar is that it mounts to the stock tow hook mounts and still retains the tow hooks!!

check it out....

I am going to have to do something about the license plate... i like it where it is but im def going to have to change the zip ties to black ASAP!

Also, not sure if any body would be interested in one of these but if you are let me know... i had this one powder coated in black but you can do any color you want.

thanks!

-Dave

See less See more
#7 ·
real nice!

#8 ·
Thanks everybody! ... i talked to the guy and he said that if anybody wanted to buy one of these i'd have to drive about an hour for him to take measurements so he could re create it. The price would be $550 (not including lights) shipped and powder coated any color you would want.

I will probably be welding the bumper to the Jeep soon to help a little with vibrations so im not sure how that would affect his ability to take measurements.

#10 ·
Thanks dude!! And I agree, the price is a little steep but you gotta remember that includes shipping and powder coating.

Any way... im not here to advertise, just thought i'd put the option out there. :thumbsup:

#17 ·
haven't mounted the switch yet... the switch i bought didnt work correctly so i gotta get a new one :mad: ... I'm planning on mounting a toggle switch right next to my traction control switch closest to the driver seat.

If you have any other ideas, let me know! :thumbsup:

#14 ·
Just an idea for ya for the license plate..... have someone you know, or a good shop do some metal fab and weld two brackets shaped like an upside down L, with the bottom flat part of the L on the cross bar where your zip tires are, and the tall flat part hanging down, space them out to the dimensions of the bolt holes in a license plate and drill holes in them, add the plate and two bolts and nuts and you have a rock solid plate mount thats not zip ties! :)

#15 ·
Thats actually a pretty good idea!! I put the zip ties on there temporarily since the plate had to be on... i didnt have any black ties so i used white ones for now, gonna change them to black soon... i like your idea, when i get that bar welded to my frame im gonna ask the dude to do something like that! great idea... :thumbsup:

#18 ·
I got ya boss :) that's just the first idea that popped into my head for mounting that plate!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

#22 ·
look good. enjoy it.

#27 · (Edited)
Looks great man! I like it! If you want to give it a little more strength, you can run a couple supports straight back from the top corners, through the grill, and then to the frame (like the upper radiator support or whatever is solid back there). Kind of like what most of the Jeepspeed bumpers are like.

Are you planning on meeting up for some wheeling on the 15th? I would like to get a look at this thing!

Oh, and a front license plate... What's that! :D

#28 ·
thanks Omlete! I am talking with a buddy right now to do some exhaust work and when we do that we'll also take a look at giving my bar a little more strength... i was thinking about spot welding the bracket where it mounts to the tow hook brackets. I thought about doing what you suggested but i dont think it would be as "clean" as i would like.

Not sure yet about the 15th meet, where you guys headed?

Also, dude you dont get hassled down in SD for not having a front plate? I've got enough stuff to get pulled over for on my Jeep haha

#29 ·
I got a fix it ticket for not having a front plate on my XJ many years ago. I have since not had any problems. I carry it on the inside just on case someone does say something about it, then I can pull it out from under my seat and say that it just fell off and I haven't had a chance to re instal it yet! I really don't care though, plus with all my off road lights that I have that technically should be covered, I think the plate won't be the first thing they notice. :D

Here is a thread for the outing on the 15th:

http://www.jeepgarage.org/showthread.php?t=28162&page=4

You should try to come out! We can check out eachothers rigs and I can help through out ideas for that bar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.