Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Tranny Problem.. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/tranny-problem-2905.html)

saleen032 09-26-2009 02:20 PM

Tranny Problem..

I was driving back from Philly this morning and went to accelerate a bit, when the truck went to downshift, I felt a clunk/bang..it happened a few times, then the check engine light came on and the tranny stayed in 4th gear. I pulled the codes and came up with p0700(Transmission Control Malfunction),P0734(incorrect 4th gear ratio),and P0735(incorrect 5th gear ratio). I dropped it at the dealers today, since I cant really look anymore into the problem, and now just have to wait til Monday to find out what the problem is. The service advisor said that Modules/Sensors are common problems on these transmissions. Hopefully that is all it will be, but with my luck It may need a new tranny...lol...

06SRT8300C 09-26-2009 04:31 PM

Re: Tranny Problem..

I need a new trans:D

Robert Palmer 09-26-2009 05:50 PM

They are either going to reflash the tcm or a give you a new one.

Matt 09-26-2009 06:30 PM

I must admit, the title did throw me for a sec. :D

Good luck with the issue Scott!

BUBBADOG 09-26-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saleen032 (Post 67601)
I was driving back from Philly this morning and went to accelerate a bit, when the truck went to downshift, I felt a clunk/bang..it happened a few times, then the check engine light came on and the tranny stayed in 4th gear. I pulled the codes and came up with p0700(Transmission Control Malfunction),P0734(incorrect 4th gear ratio),and P0735(incorrect 5th gear ratio). I dropped it at the dealers today, since I cant really look anymore into the problem, and now just have to wait til Monday to find out what the problem is. The service advisor said that Modules/Sensors are common problems on these transmissions. Hopefully that is all it will be, but with my luck It may need a new tranny...lol...

Call MARTIN SAINE heres his number 951-907-0434 he is the tranny god mother bro!!! trust me

saleen032 09-26-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 67692)
I must admit, the title did throw me for a sec. :D

Good luck with the issue Scott!

That story is for the garage section.....lol..

HEMIBeast 09-27-2009 03:22 PM

^^ lol^^ Good luck bro. Im interested in knowing what caused it.

Matt 09-27-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saleen032 (Post 67601)
I was driving back from Philly this morning and went to accelerate a bit, when the truck went to downshift, I felt a clunk/bang..

I had this happen to me, but not the rest. I believe there was a TSB for a tranny filter change (or something like that).

Same thing though, I went to accelerate a bit just as the truck was downshifting and heard a clunk. It then was very hesitant to shift up and would idle higher than normal.

I took mine in to the dealership and after 2 hours of whatever the hell they were doing they said they needed more time and I couldn't that day, so they just put everything back together, cleared the CEL and on my way I went. It drove perfectly normal ever since I drove it off the lot, so I never went back.

saleen032 09-28-2009 07:09 AM

^ after I cleared the codes, it worked fine for a bit, leading me to believe it is electrical versus mechanical.....I just have to wait and hear from them today...

Matt 09-28-2009 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saleen032 (Post 68586)
^ after I cleared the codes, it worked fine for a bit, leading me to believe it is electrical versus mechanical.....I just have to wait and hear from them today...

That's what I think mine was as well, it was like nothing had ever happened once the codes were cleared. In my own words, I think it just got bugged up and needed a restart, lol.

saleen032 09-28-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 68590)
That's what I think mine was as well, it was like nothing had ever happened once the codes were cleared. In my own words, I think it just got bugged up and needed a restart, lol.

^ The problem came back after a few minutes....and each clearing would fix the problem temproarily

Matt 09-28-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saleen032 (Post 68619)
^ The problem came back after a few minutes....and each clearing would fix the problem temproarily

Ah, damn, that sucks man! So, any idea what the issue is?