Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   Australian SRT8 Bwoody sway bar links (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/australian-srt8-bwoody-sway-bar-links-29126.html)

OZYGCSRT8 09-29-2011 10:37 AM

Australian SRT8 Bwoody sway bar links

Hi guys i have just purchased some Bwoody products from the states such as road magnets springs and sway bar links. I had to take my GC 2008 SRT8 for its 70K service even though its only done 31K, Anyway i thought i will get the dealership to do the upgrade and as i found out that they did not fit the springs nor the sway bar links because the bwoody rear links are smaller than the originals in lenght. So they told me that I`m missing an OEM bracket to make the rear links connect to the chassis, so i did some reading on a few SRT8 forums including this one and found out that our WH (WK) dont have the OEM bracket because we have 9" Rims not 10" like your SRT8`s. Our rear sway Links bolt directly to the chassis, so my question is do i just order NON SRT8 Bwoody rear sway links which look identical to my originals or get the Brackets, as i dont think that i will ever put 10`s on the arse end not legal here. Also i hope that the springs fit without any probs, as i will do the upgrade as the dealership knows F????/all about mod`s, all there good for is changing the oils and wiper blades and slugging you in Price for doing this.. :(

Scottina06 09-29-2011 11:02 AM

Re: Australian SRT8 Bwoody sway bar links

yes...you dont have the triangular bracket...so you need the NON-SRT sway links from Bwoody. The springs will fit perfect.....just make sure they follow the directions included with the bwoody springs when installing the new energy suspension bumpstops that are shipped with the springs.

OZYGCSRT8 09-29-2011 11:33 AM

Thanks Scott, As i will do the Mod and i have ordered the rear Bwoody non srt8 links yesterday, as i will use the fronts form the first kit i already have. As the dealership have stuffed me around twice now with my mods, the previous one was that i wanted to add Series II options to my Jeep which was the MYGIG and they also told me that it cant be done, Well it`s in and working great . ( Dickheads). Thanks again mate.

Jeep Trick 09-29-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OZYGCSRT8 (Post 491787)
as i dont think that i will ever put 10`s on the arse end not legal here.

What?

Having wide tires is illegal there?

OZYGCSRT8 09-30-2011 11:38 AM

Altering anything from Manufacturer standard is Illegal, that is visual of course to the police , Also different track size such as 9" front and 10" rear is illegal and if busted the vehicle gets stickered and must be brought back to Manufacture standard and the vehicle then has to go to a Police Inspection center to make sure that all is original,:(.we all try to avoid this because once in the police inspection center they start going though everything else that is a mod to the vehicle ,, Money revenue for our Goverment..Each expection there's a fee $$$$..(Lossers)

OZYGCSRT8 09-30-2011 11:47 AM

Scott i have been searching hi and low for the PN for the Non srt8 rear sway bar links, and the other i was looking for was the Triangular bracket as i would like to get my SRT8 same as your SRT8's. I had a look and the second stud to mount the bracket is on my vehicle so i was looking for the bracket moparonline and without PN they only show standard WK parts. Any info would be appreciated.

SvenskaJeepGuy 09-30-2011 11:56 AM

so you can lower if but not put a 1" wider tire on it?

Scottina06 09-30-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OZYGCSRT8 (Post 492314)
Scott i have been searching hi and low for the PN for the Non srt8 rear sway bar links, and the other i was looking for was the Triangular bracket as i would like to get my SRT8 same as your SRT8's. I had a look and the second stud to mount the bracket is on my vehicle so i was looking for the bracket moparonline and without PN they only show standard WK parts. Any info would be appreciated.

look on justforjeeps.com in their SRT8 section...they have the rear sway bar with the triangulat brackets

OZYGCSRT8 10-01-2011 01:21 AM

No you cant even lower it. This is just the risk you take, In saying this you would have to be a real knob head for the police to give you a sticker, as they do turn a blind eye to little things like this.

OZYGCSRT8 10-01-2011 01:22 AM

Thanks scott i will check it out..Cheers mate..