Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Seats too firm in the new overlands? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/seats-too-firm-in-the-new-overlands-29147.html)

barl0 09-29-2011 10:13 PM

Seats too firm in the new overlands?

Hey guys

Call me crazzzy ...Do the perforated seats in the new overlands seem a bit firm to ya! Do they soften up a bit with age and wear & tear?:cool:

Peace!

wreckdive 09-29-2011 11:38 PM

Re: Seats too firm in the new overlands?

I would have liked another 0.5" of foam. . . probably the tradeoff for the ventilation feature. Seats are supportive though, and have not given me any "hot spots" on a couple of day-long drives. They should be a bit "cushier". IMO.

danno85 09-30-2011 06:59 AM

They are firmer that what I would have expected, but I actually like it. I've done a couple stints driving 9 hours in a day, and don't feel as fatigued afterwards as I have in other vehicles, and think that has something to do with the ergonomics of the seats.

bigpanda 09-30-2011 07:56 AM

Initially, they look good and firm. But they need better stitching and little more foam. Asking too much? Not.

77Cherokee 09-30-2011 08:03 AM

I find them to be very comfortable. They are firm enough to be supportive but not so firm as to allow bumps to shudder through your spine. :)

Deserthucker 09-30-2011 08:37 AM

First I thought they were too firm then after driving for 12 hours straight.
and a couple of 7 hour drives I had no back pain no stiffness and now like them better then the lounge chairs in my WJ JGC.

watchdog507 09-30-2011 08:42 AM

All of my european cars had very firm leather seating and it works if the shape of the seat is correct. First day I had the GC Overland I had to drive 400Km or about 248 Miles from the dealer. The firm seats never caused me any pain in four hours of driving. All seats will soften with time.

moosehead 09-30-2011 08:58 AM

Agree with watchdog, IMO this vehicle's best feature is the more precise and firm handling and seating which is akin to the Euros. A soft lazboy ends up being less comfy over the long haul and isn't as effective for the driving experience. Meanwhile the vertical suspension is more than capable for rough spots rather than needing a marshmallow chair to absorb bumps. YMMV.

Eric67 09-30-2011 09:26 AM

As said; not too hard, but very much comfort on long trips. So far one of the best car seats I've had, certainly for my bad back !:thumbsup:

YO-EL 04-16-2013 01:54 PM

Wow, I found this thread by doing a search because I am NOT liking them in my 2012 Overland.. I'm good for about 30 mins, after that my butt starts to kill me. I don't feel the bumps etc, but its like there's no cushioning, I feel like I'm sitting on a board.. I have to go on a 4 hr drive at months end, so I am going to the upholstery shop to see if he can do anything... May sit in a 2013 at the dealer to see if there's a difference compared to my 2013. Maybe do something under warranty we'll see, but if I have to take an extended trip in this, its like no way.. I'm 5'9" 165 lbs.. Other car seats no problems.. Just the Jeep..