Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Is there a heated steering wheel without wood? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/is-there-a-heated-steering-wheel-without-wood-29151.html)

jrmint 09-30-2011 02:40 AM

Is there a heated steering wheel without wood?

I hate the wood covered wheel in my Overland. Does the Limited come with a heated all-leather wheel? I would love to buy one to swap if possible.

Thanks!

Eric67 09-30-2011 02:50 AM

Re: Is there a heated steering wheel without wood?

No, don't think so. Only on Overlands.

Teledatageek 09-30-2011 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrmint (Post 492142)
I hate the wood covered wheel in my Overland. Does the Limited come with a heated all-leather wheel? I would love to buy one to swap if possible.

Thanks!

Funny I was thinking the same thing. I do not like the wood at all.

sined240 09-30-2011 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teledatageek (Post 492152)
Funny I was thinking the same thing. I do not like the wood at all.

So, you ended up getting your Natural Green Overland? How nice of you to post so much questions about your pre-purchase but never post anything about your delivery, you know JG likes to see photos! :fryingpan:

jeepster23 09-30-2011 06:11 AM

Yes there is a non wood heated steering wheel that is available on the Limited with the Luxury package.

Teledatageek 09-30-2011 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sined240 (Post 492155)
So, you ended up getting your Natural Green Overland? How nice of you to post so much questions about your pre-purchase but never post anything about your delivery, you know JG likes to see photos! :fryingpan:

I know, I know my bad! I did get the Natural Green Overland two weeks ago today. Needs a bath before pics. I have to say I'm impressed......

Teledatageek 09-30-2011 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepster23 (Post 492157)
Yes there is a non wood heated steering wheel that is available on the Limited with the Luxury package.

I'll have to ping my dealer but anyone have an idea of cost/effort to swap with the wood one?

BuckeyeSRT 09-30-2011 07:12 AM

In the Durango:lol:

jeep2011 09-30-2011 07:33 AM

A dealer might just swap one from a limited at no charge. As long as you do not have the black wood or the beige interior (brown leather) it is a very close match to the limiteds. Also another member might swap with you. I did that with another member here with my old limited. We both just paid shipping.

jgc4ever 09-30-2011 09:18 AM

What don't you guys like about the wood steering wheel? Is it the look or color of the wood or the feel or all of that?

Teledatageek 09-30-2011 09:31 AM

I don't like how it feels and I don't like the look.

I didn't like it to begin with when I was looking (struck me as a little pretentious and Lexus like) but the other Overland package items made sense over a loaded Limited. Now that I have it, I'd like to change that steering wheel out....

Jeremy1983 09-30-2011 11:20 AM

I initially didn't like the wood trim/steering wheel of the Overland. But once I got my Overland, I really like the feel of the wheel and look of it with the Saddle interior. The Summit wood is amazing though... would love to have that with the regular Saddle/Black Overland interior.