Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   falken rocky mountain tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/falken-rocky-mountain-tires-29154.html)

turner1 09-30-2011 07:59 AM

falken rocky mountain tires

just checking to see if anyone here has any experience or knows something about falken brand rocky mountain ats tires . im considering buying these tires because the price on them seems reasonable for some 265-60-17 any thoughts on these would bww great.:thumbsup:

Crestwood1001 10-01-2011 09:17 PM

Re: falken rocky mountain tires

Personally, I would not touch them with a 6 foot pole, go with something thats got a good reputation, not just cause its cheap, tire rack is a good place to start. (Oh and the tires you want, are not even sold on there, which, to me, is a giant red flag)

JETLIFE 10-01-2011 09:55 PM

Lots of people run Falken performance tires on here, I know people personally with Falkens and they seem alright!

TireRack sells Sumitomo tires and they make Falken tires, just because theyre not on TR doesn't mean they're not good. Toyo tires aren't sold on TR either an I'd take Toyos over 90% of their stock.

Crestwood1001 10-02-2011 12:08 AM

Better question, what are you looking for in the tires, and whats your price range? Are you looking for something for summer performance? Snow? Off roading? Give us more info

robpp 10-02-2011 08:50 AM

falken tires are poor quality IMO. tread life sux for the most part however they are usually very cheap and again IMO why lots may use them.

my exp is they do that ONCE then find a tire that does last as long as it supposed to.

Crestwood1001 10-02-2011 09:06 AM

^What he said

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

omelet 10-02-2011 05:51 PM

I don't know about the Rocky Mountains, but I know a few guys that have been running the WildPeaks for some time now and they Love them! They really beat the crap out of them off road and have never had a problem with punctures or blowouts. Traction is great for a AT tire as well. The only time they have had any problems with them is in sticky mud, which we only have a couple times a year down here.

Another one to consider is the General Grabber AT2.

If you are wanting a more aggressive tire like a MT that has great street manners, check out the Nitto Trail Grappler! I love mine!!!

Jordan's Jeep 10-07-2011 10:43 PM

A buddy of mine has the rocky mountains on his wrangler and they rode great when I was in the jeep with him. They weren't loud (the radio was on). I couldn't hear them and the don't look bad!

jeepsnmopars 10-22-2011 08:06 AM

I have had my 255/70/17's on for a couple months now. They ride great, are very quiet and have done well on trails and minor mud. I believe they are a Discount Tire only brand and that is why you don't see them on tire rack. I have about 1800 miles on them and will see how they wear. I will also see how they do once the snow starts flying in a month or two.

BTW they cost me $720 out the door with road hazard and then I got a rebate card of $100.

jeepsnmopars 11-26-2011 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just drove to Tallahassee and back 2300 miles with my 2" RC lift and Rocky Mountains and I couldn't be more pleased with the ride and mileage. Just turned 130K miles as well. They were quiet and I got about 20 MPG with my 4.7 2005 Limited. Loaded down with all our stuff, cargo hauler on the roof, 5 year old and St. Bernard in the back. Great tires...I wouldn't change a thing.