Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   recall some V6 equipped models (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/recall-some-v6-equipped-models-29156.html)

LJS8510 09-30-2011 08:38 AM

recall some V6 equipped models
 
Hey Guys,
I just saw this and thought some may be interested
Some customers that have bought some V6 equipped models of the 200, Town & Country, Dodge Journey, Durango, Grand Caravan and Jeep Grand Cherokee, saying that the vehicles may have some loss of engine power caused by debris from the manufacturing machining processes.


http://www.inautonews.com/chrysler-g...quipped-models

UNCjeepWK2 09-30-2011 08:40 AM

Re: recall some V6 equipped models
 
ruh roh...

doesn't seem all that bad, though... just 667 affected, most of which are unsold vehicles. not the end of the world.

LJS8510 09-30-2011 08:48 AM

Re: recall some V6 equipped models
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UNCjeepWK2 (Post 492204)
ruh roh...

doesn't seem all that bad, though... just 667 affected, most of which are unsold vehicles. not the end of the world.

No not terrible, if that is the final number & it's not your jeep. I'm not sure how many other manufactures have this sort of problem seems like it should not happen at all.

BHHJEEP 09-30-2011 09:34 AM

Re: recall some V6 equipped models
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LJS8510 (Post 492210)
No not terrible, if that is the final number & it's not your jeep. I'm not sure how many other manufactures have this sort of problem seems like it should not happen at all.

I'd much rather have this than have a toyota that can't stop...

LJS8510 09-30-2011 09:51 AM

Re: recall some V6 equipped models
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BHHJEEP (Post 492239)
I'd much rather have this than have a toyota that can't stop...

I agree

Gold Rat Tooth 09-30-2011 01:28 PM

Re: recall some V6 equipped models
 
almost got a 4Runner,glad i-didnt

Lingohocken 10-01-2011 12:25 AM

Re: recall some V6 equipped models
 
Haven't heard anything yet, although ours logically would be around the production window they imply. Sure hope we luck out, because it's no fun to have a complete engine replacement on a brand new vehicle. God only knows what might get screwed up in the process.:mad:

77Cherokee 10-01-2011 10:58 AM

Re: recall some V6 equipped models
 
I phoned the Chrysler recall number. The rep said my Jeep was built well before the recall start date. In closing, he said I should keep an ear on the engine, and bring it in if I notice any strange noises. You can bet I'll be doing that although it's been fine, so far. :brows:

jp467 10-01-2011 12:01 PM

Re: recall some V6 equipped models
 
They say a lot of the recalled vehicles have not been sold yet. I wonder what they do with them if they still sell them as new with the engine replaced. I know I wouldn't ever buy a vehicle with the engine replaced. its only like 2 weeks of production that was affected and it was only a few weeks ago so most are probably not in customer hands yet.

Lingohocken 10-01-2011 01:11 PM

Re: recall some V6 equipped models
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 77Cherokee (Post 492698)
I phoned the Chrysler recall number. The rep said my Jeep was built well before the recall start date. In closing, he said I should keep an ear on the engine, and bring it in if I notice any strange noises. You can bet I'll be doing that although it's been fine, so far. :brows:

Did he indicate the recall start date?

Later: Never mind. I just called, and we're in the clear!

felipito 10-12-2011 12:13 PM

Re: recall some V6 equipped models
 
how do i know the build date of mine!!!!
i think it was July-Augost
here is my VIN IC4RJFCG5CC116796
Dominican Republic...

12167jeep 10-12-2011 12:23 PM

Re: recall some V6 equipped models
 
Should be on the drivers side door jamb


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community