Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   DRLs or no DRLs? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/drls-or-no-drls-29187.html)

SW03ES 09-30-2011 11:52 PM

DRLs or no DRLs?

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, I did a search but there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer.

My Laredo X doesn't have DRLs. However, some WK2s I see do, and some do not.

Are mine just deactivated or does the Laredo not get them? Is this something the dealer can activate? I'm headed in on Monday to have a piece of trim that was dented when I picked it up replaced and I'd like to have them address it then.

Eric67 10-01-2011 03:19 AM

Re: DRLs or no DRLs?

The lights must be in Auto. If you start your car and look in front the drl's are not on. Put the lights in AUTO, put the gear in N and take the footbrake OFF. Now the DRL's should be on.:thumbsup:
I'm not sure however, if some GC's ar not equipped with drl's. Maybe if the lights are in OFF position, the drl's stay off.

xcespwr 10-01-2011 09:06 AM

Only cars wi bi-xenon headlights have drls. Without bi-xenon the outside light is the regular headlight and the inside light (closest to the grill) is the high beam.

SW03ES 10-01-2011 11:02 AM

My Jeep has no DRLs, auto setting, driving down the road...no DRLs.

That makes no sense that only the cars with the Xenons have DRLs. Plenty of cars use the high beams on low power as DRLs...not saying that isn't the case here but I'm just saying I don't get Jeep's rationale.

JVBW0527 10-01-2011 12:00 PM

yeah i thought only the limited, overland and overland summit had the drl's

i don't think laredos come with them, but i thought there was also a package for the laredo (forget which one) that included drls

Sparro 10-01-2011 12:21 PM

DRL's are a requirement in Canada... no matter the trim line. I'm sure they have them and can be activated in the EVIC.

skinny 10-01-2011 01:06 PM

When I ordered my Laredo X in june of 2010 it was not even an option to add the DRL's, it was greyed out for the dealer.

SW03ES 10-01-2011 01:35 PM

Nothing in the EVIC...I'll ask the dealer on Monday and report back what they say...

nvfusa 10-01-2011 09:50 PM

Laredo's with the All Weather package come with DRLs. Anyway, my Laredo X didn't come with AW package but I asked my California dealer to activate the DRL's because I am moving to Canada and they simply went ahead and activated it.

SW03ES 10-02-2011 11:09 AM

Cool, so maybe my dealer will also...

Raptor 10-02-2011 12:11 PM

Yes any Mopar dealer can activate DRL's with a scan tool.

protect1989 10-18-2011 10:12 PM

Any dealer can activate DRL's? I have a 2011 GC Laredo (not X package) and my dealer said that if the vehicle wasn't ordered with DRL then there is no ability to get them, not even after market. Is this guy being a PITA or can a dealer really activate DRL in any GC?