Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Out with the old, in with the new (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new-29208.html)

Echo22 10-01-2011 06:34 PM

Out with the old, in with the new

7 Attachment(s)
Said goodbye to an old friend today - she arrived with 10 miles on her, left with 42,000. She'll be a great car for her next owner.

And met my new friend. Love it so far. I was happy that it arrived with the correct black wood steering wheel unlike some others a few weeks ahead of me in the assembly line. I have a few mods in mind and will post in the modders forum when I'm done.

Can't say enough about Bill at Videon Jeep outside of Philadelphia. Solid guy, straight dealer and super responsive. I will say he was a bit mystified how I knew exactly where the Jeep was in the build cycle :D Thanks, Milous! Also thanks to everyone here for intel and enthusiasm - I've been looking at WK2s for a year and am thrilled I waited to get a 2012.

DaBigBone 10-01-2011 07:31 PM

Re: Out with the old, in with the new

My god that interior is beautiful!

Nice purchase!

77Cherokee 10-01-2011 07:44 PM

Looks sharp! It's a nice color combo. Best of luck with it. :thumbsup:

mandm1 10-01-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echo22 (Post 492845)
... I was happy that it arrived with the correct black wood steering wheel unlike some others a few weeks ahead of me in the assembly line ...

Thanks for the info, Echo22. My Mineral Gray Summit build date was 9/20, around 5 days after yours was built. Hopefully my Summit will have the correct steering wheel, too!

Your new GC looks great, and I bet you'll enjoy it even more than your last Jeep.

Mike

tri0829 10-01-2011 08:47 PM

Looks great, it's funny to see the Wk next to the wk2 it looks like its little brother.

Echo22 10-02-2011 10:46 PM

So I spent most of the day driving around doing miscellaneous errands (excuse: "breaking in the engine"). Now I have a wicked headache from the new car smell. It spent last night in the garage all buttoned up (didn't want a spider to decide he likes the overhead console) and it was chilly and wet here today so I had just a window cracked while driving.

I have to take my boss on a 75 mile drive later this week to visit a client and can't have the both of us getting the same headache, so it's in the garage with all the windows down and the vent open. Hope my boss isn't afraid of spiders.

sined240 10-03-2011 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echo22 (Post 493330)
So I spent most of the day driving around doing miscellaneous errands (excuse: "breaking in the engine"). Now I have a wicked headache from the new car smell. It spent last night in the garage all buttoned up (didn't want a spider to decide he likes the overhead console) and it was chilly and wet here today so I had just a window cracked while driving.

I have to take my boss on a 75 mile drive later this week to visit a client and can't have the both of us getting the same headache, so it's in the garage with all the windows down and the vent open. Hope my boss isn't afraid of spiders.

weird, because I love that smell from my Summit...

btw, yours is beautiful. black is a classy color especially with the saddle dash showing from the exterior, but the up keep would kill me.

BuckeyeSRT 10-03-2011 06:56 AM

So nice!

AAAA 10-03-2011 08:19 AM

Nice photos. Looks like a Jeep ad! Also the old one looks great! Best of luck.

HEMInator 10-07-2011 02:20 PM

Congrats!! You'll love the new WK2.

Scottina06 10-07-2011 02:28 PM

gorgeous!