Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   passive entry door handle question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/passive-entry-door-handle-question-29229.html)

americanbulldog 10-02-2011 02:52 AM

passive entry door handle question

Hi everyone - I'm new to this website and very glad to be here. I bought a 2011 GC Laredo a couple of weeks ago and I love it. The only minor problem I've found so far is this: On page 37 of the owner's manual it states "If you unlock the doors using the passive entry door handles, but do NOT pull the handle, the doors will automatically lock after 60 seconds." The problem is that the doors don't automatically lock at all, no matter what I try. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this something Jeep deleted maybe? I know it's minor, I'm just curious as to why it doesn't work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. The passive entry unlock and push button lock on the handle work fine. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks, AB

Eric67 10-02-2011 04:29 AM

Re: passive entry door handle question

hi, welcome :thumbsup:
Never new about this option and just looked if mine did work...
Nope, does not lock up after 60 seconds.

Lingohocken 10-02-2011 01:30 PM

Welcome aboard, and nice find!:thumbsup:

Eric67 10-02-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingohocken (Post 493106)
Welcome aboard, and nice find!:thumbsup:

Is the autolock working with your GC.?

Crestwood1001 10-02-2011 02:17 PM

Walk away and go back in a few mins, or toss the key fob to someone and get it away from the car, I'm guessing the system is sensing its still there and is giving you time to pull it, but if you move the fob out of range I bet it locks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

americanbulldog 10-02-2011 03:44 PM

I tried moving the fob out of range after unlocking the door, and also keeping it in range, neither method worked. I'm wondering if Jeep deleted the feature and failed to update the owner's manual, just like the fact that the auto lock doors at 15 mph is always on and is not switchable in the EVIC, which is contrary to what it says on page 281 of the owner's manual.

Hollywood 10-02-2011 05:18 PM

For what it's worth, I've found several "inaccuracies" in the owners manual. Perhaps this is another.

Cherodude 10-02-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by americanbulldog (Post 493155)
edit ... just like the fact that the auto lock doors at 15 mph is always on and is not switchable in the EVIC, which is contrary to what it says on page 281 of the owner's manual.

Maybe a running change, since on my Nov 2010 build the EVIC does allow disabling of the 15mph auto locks.

Lingohocken 10-02-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood (Post 493186)
For what it's worth, I've found several "inaccuracies" in the owners manual. Perhaps this is another.

It's sloppy and awash in misinformation, tedious writing and ridiculous warnings worthy of an SNL skit. One talented individual could turn the manual around into something excellent and useful in roughly four weeks, and I've seen it done in less.

Adding insult to injury is not providing the full compliment of manuals with each vehicle. Printing is a volume business: The more printed, the cheaper the per-unit cost. More than an inconvenience to the owner, it has to cost Chrysler more to staff for individual calls and shipments than to drop them into each glove box during assembly.

Finally, why two vehicle manuals? With sharp editing these could be put between two covers and further reduce cost.

jeep2011 10-02-2011 07:08 PM

Mine will lock back if I do not open the car. Of course you have to step at least 5 feet away. Works the same if you unlock with the button on the fob and do not open a door.