Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   4.7 Supercharger kits (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/4-7-supercharger-kits-29277.html)

scjeep4.7HO 10-03-2011 10:20 AM

4.7 Supercharger kits

I am starting to think about putting together supercharger kits for the 4.7.. I obviously am not a corporation so there would have to be a true desire/need for these before I go any father. They would not be cheap just to put it out there, as if anyoneremembers, KRC Performance was selling these kits fit over 6 grand before they were discontinued.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

robpp 10-03-2011 10:23 AM

Re: 4.7 Supercharger kits

for me adding parts is easy......making them run is where it gets TRICKY Ritchie/ especially once you go beyond the WJ.

so IMO get the tyuning ciphered and we can go from there.......

scjeep4.7HO 10-03-2011 01:54 PM

Tuning is not a real big deal unless you get stupid with the supercharger like i have.

SCT isn't the only option either. If SCT doesn't fit a particular vehicle you can always do the piggy back like I started off with, except now they have only come that much farther.

Martyp 10-03-2011 04:52 PM

Sounds like a great plan Richie and you've obviously 'been there and done that' so you know what works and doesn't etc.

Only thing will be getting enough people onboard to hand over the cash for it.

$6k for example is pricey but not bad for a plug 'n' play install. I personally would prefer to have the motor built prior to bolting on F/I though and that can easily amount to the same and beyond which takes the total a little outta reach to do in one go.

I wish you the best of luck with the project/kit though! :thumbsup:

scjeep4.7HO 10-03-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyp (Post 493623)
Sounds like a great plan Richie and you've obviously 'been there and done that' so you know what works and doesn't etc.

Only thing will be getting enough people onboard to hand over the cash for it.

$6k for example is pricey but not bad for a plug 'n' play install. I personally would prefer to have the motor built prior to bolting on F/I though and that can easily amount to the same and beyond which takes the total a little outta reach to do in one go.

I wish you the best of luck with the project/kit though! :thumbsup:

I ran stock block for a few years and that motor is in good condition sitting on my engine stand. The key is the tune for safety. I don't know if out would be that expensive or not. I was just throwing out Krc's last asking price.

Scottina06 10-03-2011 07:04 PM

I THINK its a great idea Richie! Go for it bro!

scjeep4.7HO 10-03-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 493690)
I THINK its a great idea Richie! Go for it bro!

I'll work on getting some real prices on the hard parts and I'll go from there. I can't afford personally to buy all the hard parts to sit in the shelf. The supercharger head unit alone is over 2 grand new. That's even if I can hey my hands on some Paxton NOVI 1000'a since they aren't offered anymore.

There is allot of choices though. Like would you want an aluminum battery box or a plastic one. So on and so on.

scjeep4.7HO 10-04-2011 09:56 AM

Cost aside, there doesn't seem to be much interest in something like this. If there is no interest I don't want to waste my time.

JonJon 10-04-2011 11:24 AM

I am definitely interested...My problem is the price. Then again you gotta pay to play, so for now I guess I can't play that hard...lol

DGoral31 10-04-2011 11:29 AM

6k seems kinda steep but hey if you need a 4.7 on the west coast to test your kit... IM YOUR MAN! :thumbsup:

scjeep4.7HO 10-04-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGoral31 (Post 493950)
6k seems kinda steep but hey if you need a 4.7 on the west coast to test your kit... IM YOUR MAN! :thumbsup:

Those are just numbers that they were being sold for on the old KRC website. I will say it's going to not be a cheap kit. Like I mentioned above, the supercharger head unit alone is over 2 grand.

DGoral31 10-04-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scjeep4.7HO (Post 493958)
Those are just numbers that they were being sold for on the old KRC website. I will say it's going to not be a cheap kit. Like I mentioned above, the supercharger head unit alone is over 2 grand.

for sure... im thinking you will be charging right around the ball park of ~4500. but thats just my guess...