Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   locking differentials (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/locking-differentials-29287.html)

DGoral31 10-03-2011 01:09 PM

locking differentials

Any one with locking differentials on their rig??? I haven't really heard anyone talk much about these but they are a HUGE advantage to have when off roading...

mrtosh 10-03-2011 02:15 PM

Re: locking differentials

I like many on here have the QDII setup which is factory lockers. You can check out some of my vids and you'll see that all 4 lock and never give. My Gf has QTII on her XK and it uses brake lock diffs which is a biy slower to react buy will transfer power to the wheel with most traction.

Aftermarket is mostly for the 8.25 rearend on the QTII is usually a lunchbox locker like an Aussie or lockrite.

BlackedOutWK 10-03-2011 02:40 PM

there's a guy on JU and JF his name is Lifted_Up who has an aussie locker in his, he recently just had his rig at moab and it crapped out on him (i think those were his words) but he got a brand new one under warranty, so i guess only time will tell how this one holds up. oh yeah, he has a 4.7L by the way. i know there are a couple others with a rear locker but i cant remember who at the moment.

DGoral31 10-03-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtosh (Post 493561)
I like many on here have the QDII setup which is factory lockers. You can check out some of my vids and you'll see that all 4 lock and never give. My Gf has QTII on her XK and it uses brake lock diffs which is a biy slower to react buy will transfer power to the wheel with most traction.

Aftermarket is mostly for the 8.25 rearend on the QTII is usually a lunchbox locker like an Aussie or lockrite.

Do your lockers engage in 4low?

mrtosh 10-03-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGoral31 (Post 493575)
Do your lockers engage in 4low?

Yes and high as well.

DGoral31 10-03-2011 03:02 PM

hmmmm i dont think my Laredo has that

JeepCoop 10-03-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtosh (Post 493561)

I heart mine so much!! :)

Kreso 10-04-2011 02:21 AM

If you do not have QD II then NO.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DGoral31 (Post 493584)
hmmmm i dont think my Laredo has that

Marlin 10-04-2011 02:25 AM

I have a 2006 with QDII and the elec lockers only engage in low range.

misfit77 10-04-2011 03:14 AM

Does anyone have QD1 and an aftermarket locker?

I was thinking of loc-rite after my warranty is up.

Kreso 10-04-2011 08:05 AM

Marlin: QD II is active permanently. In 4Lo all wheels are locked (in that sens you are correct). But if you deactivate ESP (button) then it is also in HI range (sort of).

DGoral31 10-04-2011 11:24 AM

I feel like a retard, but im not exactly sure which system i have... the QDII has a label on the center consol and i dont have that label so i know for sure i dont have the QDII.

Maybe i can look in the manual and find out... Im pretty sure i read in my owners manual once that i have lockers but i just need 4 lo to be engaged in order for them to lock. Just wanted to make sure because the description seemed rather general and vague...