Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Passenger side ground location (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/passenger-side-ground-location-29302.html)

06RC22 10-03-2011 10:34 PM

Passenger side ground location

I've recently installed some Vled Switchbacks and with Rob's help got them working properly. Since we figured out the proper resistors, I am having some slight issues with the passenger side and I think its cause that side is not grounded properly to the inside of the fender. When I installed them, I originally did not have them grounded to the fender. Once I had issues, I moved the drivers side ground to the fender as I thought that was the issue. (This was before we tried some different resistors). Since that didn't initally fix the issue, I didn't ground the passenger side to the fender and it is still clipped onto the wire behind the bulb.

Anyway, my question is where is there a good ground location on the passenger side, or if there isn't one, how do I go about making a good location?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm still learning all this electrical stuff.

Any help, or PICTURES, are appreciated!

06RC22 10-04-2011 11:41 AM

Re: Passenger side ground location

anybody?

robpp 10-04-2011 11:52 AM

there is a ground on each fender. on the DS its by the battery.
on the pass side its behind or next to the coolant tank. the pass side is smaller like a 8mm. i think ds is 10mm.

06RC22 10-04-2011 12:06 PM

Oh good to know Rob. I did not see another ground on the PS. Thanks as always.

Hopefully this will get the passenger side working properly. It is still struggling to come on at times.

Drivers side works perfectly.

robpp 10-04-2011 12:08 PM

yeah do it. 8 mm

06RC22 10-04-2011 01:35 PM

I will probably get this done tonight and see what it does. Hopefully it works. If not im gonna have to try an even lower Ohm resistor (1.2Ohm or 1Ohm and see what happens)

06RC22 10-05-2011 08:32 PM

Relocated the Grounds and it didn't help.

DOES ANYONE HAVE 1.2Ohm 50watt RESISTORS THEY WANT TO SELL??

I can't think of anything else.

One question... with the blue clips Vleds includes... I didn't want to unclip them and expose the stock ground and power wires that I had originally spliced into. So instead, I kept them clipped onto the wires behind the bulb, but pulled the ground wire for the resistor out and relocated it to the fender. Could this be causing issues??

Ugh this shit makes me want to go back to stock and say **** it.