Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Cancel Extended Service Contract (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/cancel-extended-service-contract-29321.html)

johhn14 10-04-2011 01:04 PM

Cancel Extended Service Contract

I just purchased my Overland yesterday (pick it up tomorrow) and bought the 5 yr / 60,000 mile warranty for 900. During years 4 and 5 a $100 deductible is required. Upon reflection I think I got a bad deal. It didn't really click at the time that I'm only getting an extra 2 years and 24,000 miles and that the power train is covered for that period anyway.

What do you guys think? Did I get fleeced?

What are the options for canceling? I think I can get a refund, right?

Jeepdewd 10-04-2011 01:12 PM

Re: Cancel Extended Service Contract

I got 6 yr 60 k for 900. and Id keep it JUST for the quadra lift =)

johhn14 10-04-2011 01:14 PM

The Quadra Lift was exactly why I considered getting it in the first place.

1200RT-P 10-04-2011 01:57 PM

$900 for 5yr/60k isn't a bad deal at all. That product for my S4 was $2k (i leased anyway, so didn't do it obviously).

I don't see a need to cancel it - if anything .... extend to 100k bumper to bumper.

ColdCase 10-04-2011 02:03 PM

You can take it off before you pick up the car, or you have at least 30 days. Depending on state you have a year. Its spelled out in the fine print.

You can get a quote from chryslerwarrantys.com and compare, if it is close enough you got a decent deal. You can purchase the warranty anytime in the first 12 months, maybe longer, so you do not have to rush into it unless you want to finance the warranty as part of the car deal..

johhn14 10-04-2011 02:27 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate your knowledge

MikeD 10-04-2011 03:00 PM

You should be able to cancel it anytime and they will prorate the refund. I plan on doing this soon as I'm not keeping the Jeep long enough to use it.

Uncle Paul 10-04-2011 03:18 PM

Do not believe it is prudent to purchase an extended warranty when your vehicle is covered under the factory warranty.

You can usually purchase the extended warranty just before your factory warranty is up.

Jeepdewd 10-04-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Paul (Post 494047)
Do not believe it is prudent to purchase an extended warranty when your vehicle is covered under the factory warranty.

You can usually purchase the extended warranty just before your factory warranty is up.

They give you a smoking good deal if you purchase on day of purchase.. IME anyway.. quoted on jeep .com it was like 1400 dealer gave it to me for 900.

scittb 10-04-2011 06:24 PM

I bought the lifetime for 2K.
unlimited mileage.

johhn14 10-04-2011 09:25 PM

Well if there is some debate, I guess that means I didn't do all that badly. As mentioned, the air suspension is what has me worried. I tend to keep cars about 4 years so hopefully this works out.

HEMInator 10-04-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johhn14 (Post 493983)
I just purchased my Overland yesterday (pick it up tomorrow) and bought the 5 yr / 60,000 mile warranty for 900. During years 4 and 5 a $100 deductible is required. Upon reflection I think I got a bad deal. It didn't really click at the time that I'm only getting an extra 2 years and 24,000 miles and that the power train is covered for that period anyway.

What do you guys think? Did I get fleeced?

What are the options for canceling? I think I can get a refund, right?

Cancel it if you bought it because it's not a good deal. You can definitely do better. There are three places to buy online or get your dealer to match the online price (which is what I did). Chryslerfactoryplans.com is the cheapest. For what you paid, you could get it for $575 (Plan Code WM560N) for 5yr/60K Maxcare $100 deductible. The only reason you were told that in year 4 and 5 that you pay the $100 deductible is because you are under factory warranty for the first 3yr/36K. You have 60 days to cancel so do it and get your money back unless the dealer will match this price. Personally, I bought the lifetime maxcare (unilimited mileage and unlimited years) for $1830. I told my dealer to match the online quote which I printed from chryslerfactoryplans.com or I'd buy it online. He matched it.

1) chryslerfactoryplans.com
2) chryserwarrantys.com
3) eservicecontracts.com