Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Saddle/Black Confusion/Dilemma (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/saddle-black-confusion-dilemma-29414.html)

Corp Cog 10-06-2011 01:40 PM

Saddle/Black Confusion/Dilemma

Hi, A long time Jeep owner, this will be my fourth Grand Cherokee, after a brief fling with a Subaru Outback. I must order today, a factory order through my leasing company Donlen. I looked at dealer stock and show two versions of the saddle/black interior. One on the overland that had a black dash, which I like, the other on the Overland Summit with a saddle dash, which I don't like. My problem is I tired to order a 2012 Mineral Gray Overland, with the V8 and the new saddle/black interior and the order was bounced saying it was an invalid combo, I had to order a black or frost interior, neither one I want, OR order the Summit, which adds the stuff I didn't want, adaptive cruise control and lane warning whatever. My question is am I stuck with the saddle dash on the Overland Summit? It's a deal killer, not to mention the added $. Your help will be greatly appreciated!

sidneyj 10-06-2011 02:09 PM

Re: Saddle/Black Confusion/Dilemma

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corp Cog (Post 495050)
Hi, A long time Jeep owner, this will be my fourth Grand Cherokee, after a brief fling with a Subaru Outback. I must order today, a factory order through my leasing company Donlen. I looked at dealer stock and show two versions of the saddle/black interior. One on the overland that had a black dash, which I like, the other on the Overland Summit with a saddle dash, which I don't like. My problem is I tired to order a 2012 Mineral Gray Overland, with the V8 and the new saddle/black interior and the order was bounced saying it was an invalid combo, I had to order a black or frost interior, neither one I want, OR order the Summit, which adds the stuff I didn't want, adaptive cruise control and lane warning whatever. My question is am I stuck with the saddle dash on the Overland Summit? It's a deal killer, not to mention the added $. Your help will be greatly appreciated!

I've looked at several 2012 mineral gray overland V8's with saddle/black. I believe I saw 4x2 and 4x4. Somethings wrong.

HEMInator 10-06-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidneyj (Post 495065)
I've looked at several 2012 mineral gray overland V8's with saddle/black. I believe I saw 4x2 and 4x4. Somethings wrong.

X2 -- Something is either wrong with the system or it's operator error on the dealer's part. You can absolutely order saddle on a regular overland.

ColdCase 10-06-2011 04:32 PM

Did it bounce because of a restriction? Often certain combinations of options are out of stock and they will not accept orders until parts are in hand/on the way. The saddle interior option is notorious for this. Unfortunately you would have to wait if you want that combo... then again the dealer could be making an error. Black is a very nice interior.

BYW, the adaptive cruise and collision warning is very useful, don't know how I lived all those years without it :)

Jeremy1983 10-06-2011 05:16 PM

I ordered and received have a 2012 HEMI Overland with Min Grey and Saddle/black dash, so it is possible.

At Law 10-06-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCase (Post 495156)

BYW, the adaptive cruise and collision warning is very useful, don't know how I lived all those years without it :)

+ 1. I didn't think I needed it or wanted it until I had it. Now I absolutely love it and depend on it. It is an outstanding and well designed system.

I now have to be careful when driving other cars that are not equipped with this option. :)

And also, your Saddle/Black interior is most certainly available on your mineral gray Overland. That is a very sharp color combo. Very, very, very close second to black in my opinion and significantly less work to keep clean. :p

Corp Cog 10-06-2011 09:17 PM

Thanks for the info everyone. I have delayed for a day to review the order with the admin. The Summit is nice, I like the chrome grille, but adaptive cruise and collision warning is something I can live without, and I know I definitely I could not live with the saddle dashboard. My last 6 vehicles have been black, I'm ready for a different color. @ ColdCase I hope to find out why it bounced Friday, if it's out of stock, I may pick a different vehicle, I was also considering a VW Touareg and I have to order now. I was really excited to order that color combo, now I hope it is operator error. I hope to report on Friday that my order went through.

sidneyj 10-07-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corp Cog (Post 495318)
Thanks for the info everyone. I have delayed for a day to review the order with the admin. The Summit is nice, I like the chrome grille, but adaptive cruise and collision warning is something I can live without, and I know I definitely I could not live with the saddle dashboard. My last 6 vehicles have been black, I'm ready for a different color. @ ColdCase I hope to find out why it bounced Friday, if it's out of stock, I may pick a different vehicle, I was also considering a VW Touareg and I have to order now. I was really excited to order that color combo, now I hope it is operator error. I hope to report on Friday that my order went through.

I regret not getting the adaptive cruise/collision/blind spot monitoring option. When I test drove one with that feature I fell in love with it, mainly for the blind spot feature. If you haven't experienced it go drive one and check it out.

chucksc 10-07-2011 09:47 AM

OTH - IMHO the Saddle colored dash looks like it belongs in a pimp-mobile! That will be the primary reason I get a regular Overland vice a Summit.... Can you imagine keeping that clean for 130K miles? That's how long I've had my current GC (Light Taupe and Black interior - silverstone exterior) which still looks pretty decent after 10 years....
:slapfight:

At Law 10-07-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucksc (Post 495469)
OTH - IMHO the Saddle colored dash looks like it belongs in a pimp-mobile!

:cool: :p

Dan JGC 10-07-2011 04:12 PM

I get great comments all the time on my Black Summit.....even my "snooty" european friends say it is gorgeous. It really is a great combo with the upper saddle trim. The more I drive it, the more I like it....best Jeep yet!

WoodyCanuck 10-08-2011 09:50 AM

Add another to the list.
I ordered my 2012 Overland with a Black exterior, and Saddle interior, however..
In order to convince my wife on the interior, I took her down to see one at the dealer.
they didn't have one in black, but instead the mineral grey colour.
sure enough it had the Saddle / Black interior.
I liked how the dark leather dash had the light colour stitching - really sets it off.

I haven't posted a pic here before, so here goes nothing...

http://www.jeep.com/shared/2011/gran...t_tour_pri.jpg

So thats how the dash looked. Of course we're talking about an Overland here.
The Summit dash is different. I like the Overland better.