Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Interior Lighting Q (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/interior-lighting-q-29424.html)

Pericles 10-06-2011 06:47 PM

Interior Lighting Q

hi all,

found a 2011 Laredo that has a build date of 7-10. One thing I noticed is that the door handle and pocket below do not light up like the other 2011 base laredo builds I've seen do. I asked the dealership about it and they said its normal because it was built early. Is there a way to add the lighting to this? Would you consider it a deal breaker?

At Law 10-06-2011 08:18 PM

Re: Interior Lighting Q

I didn't realize Laredo's had any lighting at all. :lol:

Skip the Laredo and at least do a Limited, unless you're renting it out as a daily driver.

swing4terps 10-07-2011 10:04 AM

http://www.jeepgarage.org/showthread...andle+light%3A

fljeepleo 10-07-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by At Law (Post 495278)

Skip the Laredo and at least do a Limited, unless you're renting it out as a daily driver.

?? Really? Are you that stuck on yourself?

Pericles 10-07-2011 09:49 PM

Thanks for the help guys, took it to the dealer and all is good now!

JETLIFE 10-07-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fljeepleo (Post 495687)
?? Really? Are you that stuck on yourself?

Right, I thought the same thing. Not everyone can afford an Overland.... AND a 911.... AND a Wrangler....

Sounds like you should sell them all and buy a BMW :rolleyes:

fljeepleo 10-08-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JETLIFE (Post 495804)
Right, I thought the same thing. Not everyone can afford an Overland.... AND a 911.... AND a Wrangler....

Sounds like you should sell them all and buy a BMW :rolleyes:

Ha! An attorney, who would have thought?

1200RT-P 10-10-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by At Law (Post 495278)

coming from the dude who has a base carrera. couldn't spring for the S, 4, 4S or Trubo?

jgc4ever 10-10-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fljeepleo (Post 495889)
Ha! An attorney, who would have thought?

I live in the same area, so I located a new 2012 Jeep with his options he was looking for (saddle interior and V8 Hemi) and private messaged it to At Law and he didn't even respond. Could have even been the one he bought. I wouldn't know.

At Law 10-10-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 497002)
I live in the same area, so I located a new 2012 Jeep with his options he was looking for (saddle interior and V8 Hemi) and private messaged it to At Law and he didn't even respond. Could have even been the one he bought. I wouldn't know.

A bit of a harsh crowd around here. I was literally having fun with the OP. Jump on a Porsche, RR, or BMW forum and my comments would be considered too loving.

JGC4ever, thank you for the heads up on the '12. I could not respond to you via PM as I did not have 10 posts yet. I ended up purchasing a different model.

1200RT-P: I am confused at your statement. I couldn't spring for the S, the 4, the 4S, the Turbo? Each one of those models have significantly different engines and drive trains. My "base Carrera" with PASM, PSE, 19" wheels, and Short Shift clutch is not quite "base." Look at the window stickers and performance statistics and you will realize this.

jgc4ever 10-10-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by At Law (Post 497104)
A bit of a harsh crowd around here. I was literally having fun with the OP. Jump on a Porsche, RR, or BMW forum and my comments would be considered too loving.

JGC4ever, thank you for the heads up on the '12. I could not respond to you via PM as I did not have 10 posts yet. I ended up purchasing a different model.

1200RT-P: I am confused at your statement. I couldn't spring for the S, the 4, the 4S, the Turbo? Each one of those models have significantly different engines and drive trains. My "base Carrera" with PASM, PSE, 19" wheels, and Short Shift clutch is not quite "base." Look at the window stickers and performance statistics and you will realize this.

That's cool. Good to know. Wish I had a 911 - someday though, I hope to.

1200RT-P 10-11-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by At Law (Post 497104)

My comment was just as tongue and cheek as yours - your Carrera with suspension and exhaust is just as base as my Laredo X with hemi, 4x4, nav, etc etc. Both cars are the base trim level (albeit a a few options). Again, my comment was just as playful as yours ...