Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   iOS5 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/ios5-29645.html)

bozer 10-12-2011 09:51 PM

iOS5

Has anyone installed iOS5 on an iPhone 4 and noticed if songs being played over blutooth will now show the song titles and data? Some people on another forum I visit have said they now see it in their car (not a WK2)

I have it installed but won't be able to check until tomorrow.

Speaking of this - does anyone else find the quality of sound when streaming from an iPhone over blutooth just isn't that great? I'm wondering if it could be improved at all with an update. The bass doesn't sound as good.

I'm also wondering if you have an iPhone 4S, can you use Siri to reply to text messages or even emails.

shamus 10-13-2011 08:48 AM

Re: iOS5

I reported here months ago that you could now see track titles etc via bluetooth with ios5...

lilsallyan 10-13-2011 09:15 AM

I can see it the title tracks also. I find the sound isn't all that great and I have to turn the volume way up.

PECo 10-13-2011 09:59 AM

Sorry for the probably dumb question, but does an iPhone's volume setting matter through a Bluetooth connection? I use my iPhone with an AUX input in an older car and the iPhone volume setting matters. Luckily, the iPhone allows different handset and headset jack volume settings. I use the handset at half volume, but when I plug it into the AUX input through the headset jack, it outputs at maximum volume.

Deception 10-13-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PECo (Post 498345)
Sorry for the probably dumb question, but does an iPhone's volume setting matter through a Bluetooth connection? I use my iPhone with an AUX input in an older car and the iPhone volume setting matters. Luckily, the iPhone allows different handset and headset jack volume settings. I use the handset at half volume, but when I plug it into the AUX input through the headset jack, it outputs at maximum volume.

Only time your iPhone's set volume matters is with an AUX port. When it comes to USB and Bluetooth streaming, the song's volume output is the only thing that is a factor.

Edwin- 10-23-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozer (Post 498168)
<some text deleted>

I'm also wondering if you have an iPhone 4S, can you use Siri to reply to text messages or even emails.

Yes, Siri will read NEW text messages and allow you to reply over bluetooth. It's a great experience while driving.

shamus 10-23-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwin- (Post 502718)
Yes, Siri will read NEW text messages and allow you to reply over bluetooth. It's a great experience while driving.

can you initiate siri with the jeeps steering wheel controls or do you have to use the phone?

ljramsey 10-23-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamus (Post 502774)
can you initiate siri with the jeeps steering wheel controls or do you have to use the phone?

You will need to use the home button on the phone to activate Siri.

shamus 10-23-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljramsey (Post 502775)
You will need to use the home button on the phone to activate Siri.

Have you tested it? Some cars have this capability...

ljramsey 10-23-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamus (Post 502886)
Have you tested it? Some cars have this capability...

Yes. Once you press the home button and activate Siri it will use your vehicle's speakers and microphone.

shamus 10-23-2011 08:01 PM

ok thanks!

shamus 10-31-2011 08:50 AM

I noticed my ringtone played through the jeeps speakers.... did it always do that?:o