Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Strange issue - Jeep running without key (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/strange-issue-jeep-running-without-key-29759.html)

kevin06vino 10-16-2011 08:05 AM

Strange issue - Jeep running without key

Jeep has been running great, but 4-5 times now over the past 2 months my WK will stumble for 2 seconds after the key is removed. Codes pulled with my DS are:
P0571 - brake switch circuit
U1120
P0627 - fuel pump a control circuit/open
U110C
U110E
U1411
U1113
U110A

Can anyone help me out? Battery is date stamped 9/09 (die hard)
Running DS canned 91 tune with 93 octane. I reflashed the tune last week and reset pcm trying to resolve the issue with no luck.

Also, last time I pulled codes, I had an A/C clutch relay code, but that is not present today. I am at 76.5k miles with all current maintenance.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jeepgcoman 10-16-2011 07:53 PM

Re: Strange issue - Jeep running without key

Those are all "lost communication", "open circuit", or "implausable data" codes. First check all plugs at the Control Modules and at the PCM. I would probably unplug everything, check all the contacts for damage, corrosion, etc. and the plug/unplug/plug in a few times, before locking them in place. Good luck and please keep us posted as to what you find.

kevin06vino 10-18-2011 03:48 PM

Did it again this morning, so I am going to check the connections and re-clear the codes. I wish it weren't intermittent so I'd know immediately.

I will keep you guys posted.

kevin06vino 10-21-2011 05:02 PM

I think I figured it out. I used an add-a-fuse to hard write my cell phone charger into my fuse panel. I used slot 20 which said it was for the cluster and the WCM module. It only does it when my phone is plugged in. going to move the fuse and see if that helps.

kevin06vino 10-24-2011 07:18 AM

Don't have it solved yet...switched the tap to location 25 (abs/transfer case) and it still acts up when the phone its charging. I wonder if the Jeep sees the 5 volts at the fuse panel and didn't Knorr how to process it. I'm going to tap into the back of the lighter and bypass the add a fuse to see if it reacts the same way.

2005JGC 10-25-2011 01:42 PM

why do you have to tap anything... dont they make lighter/ power outlet adaptors for chargers now adays?

dandankler 10-27-2011 10:48 AM

x2 why are you hard wiring in a cell phone charger.....

kevin06vino 10-27-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005JGC (Post 503814)
why do you have to tap anything... dont they make lighter/ power outlet adaptors for chargers now adays?

That's what I have. I have a windshield mount and don't want the cord hanging over the dash. Behind the panel beneath the steering wheel, I have a power outlet added that has the charger plugged into. The wire for the phone then comes up along side the drivers side a pillar. That way, when my phone is docked the wire is hidden.

This way I don't have to take apart my car charger.