Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f136/)
-   -   Foldaway Mirrors w/ switch operation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f136/foldaway-mirrors-w-switch-operation-29853.html)

SRTILL8 10-18-2011 01:05 PM

Foldaway Mirrors w/ switch operation

whats up fellas, i always wanted the foldaway mirror option on all four of my jeeps but never had it... until now. :D i know its nothing to write home about but i live in a city and to be able to fold away my passenger mirror with the flip of the switch can/will come in handy more so than not.

i actually never thought id get this mod because honestly these mirrors cost soo much $$$ NEW and also an exiled product (im assuming) from jeep. since i bought these used off craigslist over a month ago for a steal of a price 200 shipped!!! im kinda thrilled to be able to do this to my SRT8. i know of only one other USA made jeepSRT8 with this option and its pauls (Immo) 2010 SRT8. he i believe was the first to get this mod done to a non foldaway option SRT8. props bro!! :thumbsup:

i already started working on them to get them painted eventually. one was a platinum and the other a blue foldaway- both off from 06s that had this option already equipped. i also bought the foldaway switch (gotta send it to bob at diablo to convert to red -- to go along with the rest of the conversion :thumbsup: )

im actually going to color match the entire mirror when i paint them this winter. so my tape up scuff job is gotta get redone since i need to scuff up the arm too :sleepy:

some photos of whats cookin

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...p/3292e153.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...p/30d1062c.jpg

anyways knowing that PXR paint wasnt available back then i knew i had to paint these mirrors when i eventually got a hold of a set so to paint these isnt a big deal really.

:sleepy:

SvenskaJeepGuy 10-18-2011 01:21 PM

Re: Foldaway Mirrors w/ switch operation

what is involved in having them functional? it isnt going to be plug and play right?

SilverWK07 10-18-2011 01:26 PM

That's going to be sweet man! Grats on the cheap parts.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

SRTILL8 10-18-2011 01:41 PM

thanks silverwk07- yeah el cheapo is where its at. lowest newest set i found on the net was like 750-800. and that not even painted. so i always said phuck that! haha

SVjeepguy- not exactly sure. but theres a way. i know of two ways. one way is on wkjeeps and the other way i found on the green jeep site.

what i can tell you though, these have the 13 pin harness and not the standard 10 pin that i have now. i havent yet opened up my door panel to see whats exactly involved here but i tested them at home and they both work with the switch so its only a matter of time. i tested them at home with some wiring but then again home im using AC power and car is DC so the wiring woudnt be the same plus the harness and yadda yadda yadda. anyone can do this mod to any WK 05-10

LoudPedal 10-18-2011 01:55 PM

Nifty little mod there Tilla. That's a hell of a find at that price.

SRTILL8 10-18-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoudPedal (Post 500523)
Nifty little mod there Tilla. That's a hell of a find at that price.

thanks bro, yeah man when i asked the guy to send me photos-- the blue one is in mint condition and even came in a jeep box with a protective sleeve and rubber cap for the mirrors end points. lolz i was like daym gina!!

mpg2012 10-18-2011 02:15 PM

So jealous. I traded in my 2006 Overland on a 2008 Str8. Got home and realized it didn't have the folding mirror option. So disappointing!

suzieque 10-18-2011 03:08 PM

I really want this option! $200 shipped for the mirrors! Damn thats a good deal.

BOYCHIKS 10-18-2011 03:16 PM

That is going to be sweet!!

SRTILL8 10-18-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpg2012 (Post 500530)
So jealous. I traded in my 2006 Overland on a 2008 Str8. Got home and realized it didn't have the folding mirror option. So disappointing!

i was sort of the same...i bought the SRT8 with out ever owning a WK. i came from a 04 overland and before that was my ZJ and before that was my XJ --funny thing is my XJ didnt have the fold option. they were spring mirrors so they only folded in but they released on their own- lol. hell even my WK 5.7 limited doesnt even have this option :o i just assumed when i bought my SRT8 that it would have foldaway mirrors.. i check the manual and its misleading- lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieque (Post 500547)
I really want this option! $200 shipped for the mirrors! Damn thats a good deal.

actually it was 250 with shipping :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOYCHIKS (Post 500549)
That is going to be sweet!!

thanks johnny!

Scottina06 10-18-2011 04:54 PM

I have had these for years.....took a starscan to activate them on my 06. I never use them though.....LOL

DAVY27 10-18-2011 05:12 PM

^^ waaaat?? send em over here then :D

nice mod Tila! Def a must when parking in the nyc streets. So ANY wk can do this? just need to get that switch?