Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   Chrysler have run out of coolant???? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/chrysler-have-run-out-of-coolant-29883.html)

StoneCold 10-19-2011 08:31 AM

Chrysler have run out of coolant????
 
So had a bit of a disastrous couple of weeks with the WJ. Had to buy a new radiator, thermostat, thermostat housing, water pump and new calipers (finally bit the bullet and got the Akebonos). I'm just back from the dealer, where I had to order the thermostat housing, asked for some coolant only to be told there's none...at all!

Apparently, since all this Fiat takeover stuff, the red coolant that goes into the 4.7 has become extinct and they don't know when they are getting more. Luckily I have enough spare, but damn I never expected this.

Has anyone else heard this? The guy at the dealer (who I know quite well) says they aren't doing any coolant related jobs on any that require the red coolant:confused:

01grand 10-19-2011 08:51 AM

Re: Chrysler have run out of coolant????
 
That is messed up! Isnt there something that will work? I know here in the states we have some fluid that is (supposedly) compatible with most vehicles, but I see you live across the pond. Good luck finding some!

TJXJWJ 10-19-2011 09:11 AM

Re: Chrysler have run out of coolant????
 
I think it's Zerex that makes an equivalent. It's not cheap, but it's available. I get it at Napa. They will have to figure it out soon because I think the WK takes the same juice!

StoneCold 10-19-2011 09:11 AM

Re: Chrysler have run out of coolant????
 
Nothing that I know of, yet. I should get everything replaced and have enough coolant, but only just. I may phone round some other dealers and get it couriered. I don't hold out much hope though, from what I've gathered, this has been the case for some months.

StoneCold 10-19-2011 09:13 AM

Re: Chrysler have run out of coolant????
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 500928)
I think it's Zerex that makes an equivalent. It's not cheap, but it's available. I get it at Napa. They will have to figure it out soon because I think the WK takes the same juice!

I did think about getting some shipped over from the US, but I imagine it would be a massive headache trying to import liquids into the UK :rolleyes:

TJXJWJ 10-19-2011 09:26 AM

Re: Chrysler have run out of coolant????
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneCold (Post 500932)
I did think about getting some shipped over from the US, but I imagine it would be a massive headache trying to import liquids into the UK :rolleyes:

Probably...and toxic fluids at that...

Tell you what, I'll whip a few gallons into lake Erie for you with a note. The wind generally blows that way, right? :thumbsup:

StoneCold 10-19-2011 09:35 AM

Re: Chrysler have run out of coolant????
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 500940)
Probably...and toxic fluids at that...

Tell you what, I'll whip a few gallons into lake Erie for you with a note. The wind generally blows that way, right? :thumbsup:

Ha ha ha! :thumbsup:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community