Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   WK Front Bumper (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/wk-front-bumper-29889.html)

dssilvestri 10-19-2011 11:11 AM

WK Front Bumper

Hey everyone, the lower lip of my front bumper seems to be popping out by the opening in the middle. I push them back in place but they always pop back out, is there any fix for this? please let me know. thanks in advance

4.whoa 10-19-2011 08:49 PM

Re: WK Front Bumper

You are missing a clip or maybe the tab broke where the clip holds it. Look from the bottom there are 5(should be) push n turn clips to hold it.

dssilvestri 10-19-2011 09:16 PM

thanks for the help! i'll check tomorrow

tri0829 10-19-2011 09:40 PM

i dont think those turn clips hold it in where ur saying, i think ur talking about the air dam.... if so the pointed part right near the opening under the grill is a pain to get in, make sure that its hooked into the bumper correctly under the fender on both sides if one isnt in right it will make the whole thing not go in right. if there good try pulling out some of the tabs (carefully they will rip if your not careful with them) and then pop it back in. the ones near the opeing are a pain so just push it in and make sure u hear the click of the tab going in

dssilvestri 10-19-2011 09:50 PM

Okay, thanks both of you for the help, i'll check out both in the morning and let you guys know

TurboDiesel 10-19-2011 10:13 PM

take it off!! :D
looks so much better IMO

hitch 10-20-2011 01:50 AM

^ What he said.

Crashtown 10-20-2011 09:57 AM

The 08-10 have a removable lower bumper section that overlaps the upper bumper, not just the black air dam. I started having the same problem in the spring, after converting from the 05-07 front. The tab just to the passenger side of the lower air opening pops out daily. There are no clips that hold it in & no room behind it to put a small clamp. I have thought about doing something janky, like trying to build up the tickness of the tab with epoxy or stuffing something behind the upper section to bulge it out and improve the catch angle. If you come up with anything, let me know.

dssilvestri 10-20-2011 02:31 PM

I'm gonna play with it at some point and i'll be sure to let you know

Crashtown 10-20-2011 05:23 PM

I removed my lower in late August, to run some late season trails, & brainstomed while I was under there. There's just no room for an easy fix on tab that keeps popping out on mine.

Stickerbombed 10-22-2011 01:12 AM

I actually have a similar issue on mine