Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f162/)
-   -   Potential first problems with New SRT8s... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f162/potential-first-problems-with-new-srt8s-29909.html)

gokart508 10-19-2011 09:08 PM

Potential first problems with New SRT8s...

Was at my local dealer today. After some friendly conversation i kindly asked if i could look at the SRT they got in. I was told that the one they received was previously sold and the buyer walked. I asked why and they told me that the vihicle had some major issues that could not be resolved at this time. Supposedly there are some issues with the 4 wheel drive system and the front wheels do not engage at all. They are waiting on chrysler to instruct them on how to fix. It was delivered off the truck with the malfunction. Anyone else hear of this issue?:confused:

RECDOG 10-19-2011 09:11 PM

Re: Potential first problems with New SRT8s...

Quote:

Originally Posted by gokart508 (Post 501216)
Was at my local dealer today. After some friendly conversation i kindly asked if i could look at the SRT they got in. I was told that the one they received was previously sold and the buyer walked. I asked why and they told me that the vihicle had some major issues that could not be resolved at this time. Supposedly there are some issues with the 4 wheel drive system and the front wheels do not engage at all. They are waiting on chrysler to instruct them on how to fix. It was delivered off the truck with the malfunction. Anyone else hear of this issue?:confused:

Nope ..infact just the opposite ,That the all wheel drive system in the srt8 was one of the most solid around...in the same league as Audi and Subarau which are the absolute best allwheel drive systems.

Id guess jusrt a individual problem on the vehicle...hey even a brand new BMW can have something faulty on it

GCOverland 10-19-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RECDOG (Post 501218)
...hey even a brand new BMW can have something faulty on it

My 2006 760Li constantly pulled to the right side - but hey, that car was just $130K..:lol:

transam 10-20-2011 06:43 AM

Mine seem to engage in all 4.

I've been driving it in 2 days of rain slicked roads without loss of traction gunning it from dead stops going straight or making a turn either in auto, sport, or snow mode for what it's worth.

I also don't have any warning lights coming on if they would at all?

I'll keep an eye out though.

PS. I forgot to add that after driving in torrential rain, the engine area under the hood was bone dry. No evidence of rain getting in through the hood vents unless it all evaporated?

Schleprock 10-20-2011 07:30 AM

I have no reservations in believing this as a potential truth. Not that I'll lay down and believe it as a definitive problem, but it could easily explain why 150+ units or so from early builds are still sitting at the plant/Livernois. Not that all units are defective, but perhaps the issue has effected enough units across the spectrum of production that they must check them all.

gokart508 10-20-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 501345)
I have no reservations in believing this as a potential truth. Not that I'll lay down and believe it as a definitive problem, but it could easily explain why 150+ units or so from early builds are still sitting at the plant/Livernois. Not that all units are defective, but perhaps the issue has effected enough units across the spectrum of production that they must check them all.

Would make a lot of sense...

CoppeR 10-20-2011 08:22 AM

Always a lil weary of getting the 1st of anything...

rusty104 10-20-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gokart508 (Post 501216)

It would make sense that there is something wrong that Chrysler has not yet figured out and that is holding up so many built SRT Jeeps. (Three weeks from build date for mine). It would be nice if there was a little communication from CHRYCO to the dealers and us. Their VOTS system is supposed to designed to tell the buyer about delays, it would be nice if they used it for that.:mad:
I'm still hoping Milous can get us some info.

hound 10-20-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by transam (Post 501331)
Mine seem to engage in all 4.
PS. I forgot to add that after driving in torrential rain, the engine area under the hood was bone dry. No evidence of rain getting in through the hood vents unless it all evaporated?

I am pretty sure they designed the vents the same way they did on the 5.9L. If you look at the vents, I am sure you would see that there is a water trap underneath the vent and channels for the water to drain off.

Schleprock 10-20-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusty104 (Post 501401)
I'm still hoping Milous can get us some info.

Milous could know the info, but unlike the other stuff here that he provides I think something at this level could easily be on a non-disclosure agreement basis whereas if it was traced back to him via it getting on a website, he could be dealt with immediately.

Schleprock 10-20-2011 08:40 PM

Kingmonkey on red site picked his up tonight, has a problem

Quote:

Something is wrong when I turn a corner the thing feels like its rubbing and the ride selector isnt working like sport mode or auto bringing back in the morning they said this is a california first SRT8 .

gokart508 10-21-2011 08:11 AM

Sounds exactly like the problem i mentioned above...