Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Rattle - Rear Passenger inside compartment area (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/rattle-rear-passenger-inside-compartment-area-29927.html)

HEADSHOCK 10-20-2011 10:27 AM

Rattle - Rear Passenger inside compartment area

I have this rattle that I cant seem to locate in my WK2. I can recreate it by driving up into my driveway and backing down allowing the rear passenger tire to go back and forth across the curb. The rattle only seems to occur when I give the car gas not when I hit the break.

I have opened the windows and it doesn't get any louder so it must be coming from the inside compartment. Sounds like it is occuring behind the rear seats close to the area where the subwoofer is.

Has anyone else heard this or tried to track it down?

ctsvcc 10-20-2011 02:43 PM

Re: Rattle - Rear Passenger inside compartment area

Nope. Never heard it before.

Eric67 10-21-2011 05:07 AM

Sorry, no rattles At all here.

AAAA 10-21-2011 09:44 AM

I don't have the rattle. But the service rep. told me that they checked my rear shocks at the first oil change do to being advised by Chrysler that some were loose. He said mine were OK.

HEADSHOCK 10-21-2011 09:58 AM

Thanks for all of the replys, glad none of you are hearing hte same issue. I need to get my wife to recreate the issue for me while I move around the vehicle. Im thinking it could be suspension related to perhaps a muffler or wire moving when I hit the acceleration over a curb. I also need to check my lugnuts :-P Checked all of the seat belts/headrests and spare tire compartment area. I will look into the shock to see if thats something that is loose. That makes sense just would never expect my shock would be loose!!! I'll report back.

Ratchet 10-23-2011 11:04 AM

I had a strange rattle that sounded like it was between the center console/front passenger seat area. Could hear the noise when hitting small bumps in the road over 20mph. Turned out it was the fasteners that secured some of the larger connectors beneath the front passenger seat were loose and were allowing the connector body to vibrate against the thin metal mounting tabs.

HEADSHOCK 10-24-2011 01:11 PM

Have the car in the shop using the Lifetime Maxcare warrenty. Got me a free rental car :-) They seem to think this is a known problem and have a tsb for it. I will update when I get the car back from the shop.

voyagerx 10-24-2011 10:57 PM

Please do, I have a rattle form the rear as well. Sounds like it is right behind the rear passenger seat, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

HEADSHOCK 10-24-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voyagerx (Post 503586)
Please do, I have a rattle form the rear as well. Sounds like it is right behind the rear passenger seat, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

Sounds similar to my problem. Dealer called today and they kept my car overnight. I won't know what they find until tomorrow sometime.

HEADSHOCK 10-25-2011 11:58 AM

Dealer just called. They found that my right rear strut is leaking and are going to replace it. Its on order but driveable. Come to think of it when I went under the car the rear strut did appear to have a wet black film on it. I didn't think it could be leaking since the car is so new. They also ordered me a new back panel for my drivers side seat since that has been popping off.

HEADSHOCK 10-25-2011 01:29 PM

Picked up the car from the dealer, parts are ordered. The dealer didn't actually do anything except order parts. I found a 3 inch scrape and dent on my front quarter panel that the dealer verified was not there when I dropped it off. They are going to have to repaint it now. Make sure you do a through walk around if you drop a car off at the dealer. I cant believe they could do that much damage in less than 24 hours.

voyagerx 10-27-2011 02:17 PM

Sorry to hear about the car, hopefully they take care of it to your satisfaction. Keep us updated on it and the rattle.