Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Headlight with moisture (condensation inside) (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/headlight-with-moisture-condensation-inside-29951.html)

Populuo 10-20-2011 07:09 PM

Headlight with moisture (condensation inside)

3 Attachment(s)
hi, i come from Costa Rica.... i buy GC 2011 Limited...i saw in the headlight have moisture...i go to the dealer...they says that is normal due to the condition of the weather... but with the warranty they replace me a pair of brand new headlight. Now, the with the new headlight, is the same, with moisture

Do you thinks that is normal?

Populuo 10-20-2011 07:13 PM

Re: Headlight with moisture (condensation inside)

3 Attachment(s)
more picture

nek121328 10-20-2011 07:19 PM

Doesn't make sense to me as a car wash should do the same thing.

Populuo 10-20-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nek121328 (Post 501674)
Doesn't make sense to me as a car wash should do the same thing.

yea, it do... when the dealer replace the headlight, they wash the car and appear the moisture...

Eric67 10-21-2011 05:06 AM

On rainy days, long drive, with headlights on, mine is also showing some condensation; a bit fogged out. Not as bad as yours. Also one fog lamp is condesated, this one is going to be replaced.
At the carwash I have no problems.

Gus9890 10-21-2011 10:17 AM

Easy fix, take the ones that are getting condensation out, drill a hole on the bottom left and a hole at the bottom right of the headlight assembly, as far back on the clear piece as you can. This will keep them free of moisture. If it rains or you take it to the car wash, you don't have to worry about water getting inside. Myself and quite a few others that I know have done this numerous times without any problems.

Populuo 10-21-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gus9890 (Post 501907)
Easy fix, take the ones that are getting condensation out, drill a hole on the bottom left and a hole at the bottom right of the headlight assembly, as far back on the clear piece as you can. This will keep them free of moisture. If it rains or you take it to the car wash, you don't have to worry about water getting inside. Myself and quite a few others that I know have done this numerous times without any problems.

Are you serious?

markp99 10-21-2011 03:09 PM

That was the fix on my '00 Jeep. Worked just fine for many yrs.

nek121328 10-21-2011 05:28 PM

No one should have to vent a head light assembly to eliminate moisture. They are made to keep moisture out. Whether a car wash or driving through the rain, there shouldn't be moisture in the housing.

Scurvy 10-25-2011 06:43 AM

No this is not normal, I would go back to the dealer again. (i know that can be a pain)

I noticed moisture inside my passenger-side reverse light after washing my Jeep this past weekend. I have 18,000 miles on it now and this is the first time i have noticed it. Time for a little warranty replacement!

Gus9890 10-25-2011 10:39 PM

It works and you don't have to worry about any more condensation and you don't have to worry about water getting in from the car wash or weather either. It is a common problem for vehicles to end up having condensation inside eventually, usually because there's not a good enough seal around the headlight assembly. Yes, it is an easy fix. Myself and A LOT of other people that grew up working on vehicles have always done this fix.

Gus9890 10-25-2011 10:44 PM

Since you're in Costa Rica, I wouldn't bother with a dealer at all. I live in the U.S. and I never take my vehicles to a dealer, I do my own work and it's A LOT cheaper. If you have any questions, problems, etc about your Jeep, use this site, it is a very good resource.