Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   SRT8 ETA: 11/06 - Dealer now wants to cancel my order! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/srt8-eta-11-06-dealer-now-wants-to-cancel-my-order-30075.html)

Street 10-24-2011 03:24 PM

SRT8 ETA: 11/06 - Dealer now wants to cancel my order!

I ordered a red 2012 SRT8 on 6/20 and have been waiting 4 months for it. Today I receive a call from my dealer's sales manager who informed me that my sales person no longer works there and the sales manager wants to cancel my order and refund my $1,000 deposit because he "thinks the price we agreed on is not fair". We agreed on invoice pricing.

This is a sold order, I have the vin, von and build sheet, all in my name. My sales person was great, he called and emailed me nearly ever week with a status update and was a genuinely great person. Apparently he is no longer working there and this sales manager that called me just started working there who wasn't even the sales manager when I placed my order.

I've left a message for the general manager at the dealership. Tell me this is not complete bullshit?

What is your advice? I plan to seek legal action if the GM won't resolve this.

Here's the dealer.... Buyer beware:

Mac Haik Dodge Chrysler Jeep in Texas
5255 S IH 35 Georgetown, TX 78626
512-930-7900

UPDATE 10/24 5:13pm: Sales manager just called me back after a few back and forth phone calls and said they will keep the order open for me.... GEEZ. Thanks for the support everyone.

mlarco52 10-24-2011 03:27 PM

Re: SRT8 ETA: 11/06 - Dealer now wants to cancel my order!

I agree, let the GM know your seeking legal action and will take it to court.

MikeD 10-24-2011 03:33 PM

Not sure how they could do that since the deal would have to go through management to be approved, what a joke.

nosmoke 10-24-2011 03:33 PM

Do you have the invoice price agreement in writing? If so, you have an excellent case.

Street 10-24-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosmoke (Post 503328)
Do you have the invoice price agreement in writing? If so, you have an excellent case.

Yup, I have it in email:

https://img.skitch.com/20111025-xc7e...sahdnynyb4.jpg

https://img.skitch.com/20111025-bm4k...ehn78bbkhs.jpg

https://img.skitch.com/20111025-dm2j...tyxpwibs3x.jpg

Street 10-24-2011 03:50 PM

Build sheet removed for privacy

Street 10-24-2011 04:10 PM

Sales manager just called me back after a few back and forth phone calls and said they will keep the order open for me.... GEEZ.

moosehead 10-24-2011 04:39 PM

Note to self: beware of buying a car, or anything for that matter, from a guy named Tex.

Street 10-24-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 503372)
Note to self: beware of buying a car, or anything for that matter, from a guy named Tex.

Tex was actually my sales person who was great to me. I called him after he did not work there on his personal cell phone and he did all he could to help me out.... The problem came with the sales manager and GM at the dealership... Named Mike and Eric.

Honestly, you have to beware of every car dealer, they are so sleezy almost every time I've ever dealt with a dealer. I chose this dealer because Tex seemed like a genuinely honest person but unfortunately he quit or was fired and their new sales manager was not the most ethical person.

transam 10-24-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Street (Post 503352)
Sales manager just called me back after a few back and forth phone calls and said they will keep the order open for me.... GEEZ.

:thumbsup:

moosehead 10-24-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Street (Post 503396)
Tex was actually my sales person who was great to me. I called him after he did not work there on his personal cell phone and he did all he could to help me out.... The problem came with the sales manager and GM at the dealership... Named Mike and Eric.

Honestly, you have to beware of every car dealer, they are so sleezy almost every time I've ever dealt with a dealer. I chose this dealer because Tex seemed like a genuinely honest person but unfortunately he quit or was fired and their new sales manager was not the most ethical person.

Sorry Street, I was being overly sarcastic about Tex and auto dealers in general.

You are correct, this is a sleaze move, particularly given the second sticker pricing, delays, and transfer case issue in a few early issue vehicles. Other than perhaps attempting to reneg on you at invoice and gouge another guy at MSRP+, they may be going so far as to firm you up in the face of other economic pressures.

Either way, if you want the vehicle at invoice, lean the hell into them. Use Jeep Garage if necessary.

Good luck.

Street 10-24-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 503412)
Sorry Street, I was being overly sarcastic about Tex and auto dealers in general.

You are correct, this is a sleaze move, particularly given the second sticker pricing, delays, and transfer case issue in a few early issue vehicles. Other than perhaps attempting to reneg on you at invoice and gouge another guy at MSRP+, they may be going so far as to firm you up in the face of other economic pressures.

Either way, if you want the vehicle at invoice, lean the hell into them. Use Jeep Garage if necessary.

Good luck.

For sure, hopefully everything goes ok now that they are willing to sell it to me.

Maybe a new kind of car dealer will be my next business venture... a dealer that is similar to buying shoes from Zappos.com - Ethical, transparent and fair. One set price for everyone and great customer service. Why hasn't anyone done this yet? The auto industry could really use a new disruptive force to change things.