Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Jeep Grd Cherokee 5.7 L VVT Overland ZA- Namibia Africa (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/jeep-grd-cherokee-5-7-l-vvt-overland-za-namibia-africa-30208.html)

Begonia 10-27-2011 10:57 AM

Jeep Grd Cherokee 5.7 L VVT Overland ZA- Namibia Africa

I have just ordered a JGC 5.7 VVT Overland ZA stone white to be delivered in Namibia Africa in November 11. Iv ordered a range of extra's including a spare set of 20 '' Rims from the Mopar list. Im plannning to run 295/45/20 Mich tyres on these rims keeping the OEM 20'' rims and 265/50/20 as spare. Does anyone think that Il have some problems? any possibility of seeing these MOpar rims on a JGC simular to what Il have?

The model number I have is WKUS7425P-8FR..

Anyone from South Africa that can share some photos of a white JGC simular to mine?

Thanks

SvenskaJeepGuy 10-27-2011 12:46 PM

Re: Jeep Grd Cherokee 5.7 L VVT Overland ZA- Namibia Africa

welcome

Begonia 10-27-2011 12:55 PM

Thanks. Any possible help with my questions?

Rgrds

bromhead 10-28-2011 08:59 AM

welcome.

While its been a while since i lived in that area of the world (swakopmund and windoek), aren't those pretty thin profile tires for you? 45 profile tires....wow. I would be concerned taking them off road on anything other than sand...which i realize Namibia has in abundence.

Begonia 10-28-2011 09:11 AM

true comments but I will have 3 sets of wheels. 2 times 20'' and then the offroad package with 18''.

of course the 18'' will take care of the rough stuff i hope!!

you mentioned my home town Swakopmund.. awsome place dont you think??

bromhead 10-28-2011 10:20 AM

i loved Swakopmund! Beautiful. when we lived there, late 70's (i was just a kid), when it was called South West Africa, they had just finished that awesome olympic pool right off the ocean. Motorized roof, amazing. Better than any pool i swam in while in California. Great memories, the namib desert was our backyard....always wanted to make it back there and see how things have changed. Small world, not often you run into someone from that area in the world.
Did you get the 4x4 variant? I just took mine off road for the first time this weekend and was impressed...i posted some first impressions.

Begonia 10-28-2011 10:29 AM

Yes 4 by 4... It is a small world indeed. Im just finishing a two year contract in Buenos Aires and cannot wait to get home again and experience true 1st class class standard of living!! off course being able to off road bash where I like is right up there in terms of what I missed in recent time..

My new ''toy'' will be waiting for me when I get back so thats another things to look forward to..

bromhead 10-28-2011 11:45 AM

awesome. post some pictures when you finally link up with your car. BTW, even smaller world. I spend a lot of time in BA when we lived nearby in Chile.

cheers

chris