Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Icon on top right of the RHR 730N screen (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/icon-on-top-right-of-the-rhr-730n-screen-30236.html)

DGipson 10-27-2011 07:17 PM

Icon on top right of the RHR 730N screen

On the top right corner of almost all of the screens on the radio/nav, there is an icon of 3 cars, each one further away from the last. For the life of me, I can't figure out what this is. Is it a status of some sort? Or just ugly artwork? The user manual for the RHR says nothing about it.

Margo 10-27-2011 07:30 PM

Re: Icon on top right of the RHR 730N screen

I believe that is part of the sirius traffic, it means it is activated. This is the explanation I was told, hoping it is correct.

ColdCase 10-28-2011 07:04 AM

Yes, green cars means traffic is available, orange or red means no traffic. I believe the icons cannot be removed and probably because sirius wants to annoy you into buying the service after the free trial runs out.... I think the icons are suppose to change based on the traffic conditions ahead, but I have not seen that.

DGipson 10-28-2011 04:34 PM

They are always the same orangeish/red color although living in Vancouver BC, traffic is ALWAYS bad so I could believe it always detects poor traffic conditions. lol

Lingohocken 10-28-2011 10:54 PM

Can hardly wait until the Sirius freebie first year runs out so I can renew just the basic service sans traffic. It's bloody awful, incorrect more often than not and constantly recalculating to get around traffic blocks that don't exist.

The kewpie doll goes to the first person who can figure out how to deactivate Sirius Traffic without using a Smith & Wesson.:D

77Cherokee 10-29-2011 10:40 AM

Call Sirius and tell them you don't want it. They'll deactivate it. I WIN! :tongueout:

Lingohocken 10-29-2011 10:58 PM

The doll's pretty ugly, man!:lol:

Anyhow, you just saved me one bullet.

joebuf1 10-31-2011 07:42 AM

You can deactivate it in the main menu. Just click the "sirius traffic" button on the display and then select the "sirius traffic setup" menu. At the top left of that display there is a sirius traffic button with a red check mark. Push that button and the red check mark disappears, no more traffic updates. I disabled mine right away.

Lingohocken 10-31-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joebuf1 (Post 506682)
You can deactivate it in the main menu. Just click the "sirius traffic" button on the display and then select the "sirius traffic setup" menu. At the top left of that display there is a sirius traffic button with a red check mark. Push that button and the red check mark disappears, no more traffic updates. I disabled mine right away.

First thing on my to-do list tomorrow!:thumbsup:

bbjrhome 11-01-2011 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGipson (Post 505114)
On the top right corner of almost all of the screens on the radio/nav, there is an icon of 3 cars, each one further away from the last. For the life of me, I can't figure out what this is. Is it a status of some sort? Or just ugly artwork? The user manual for the RHR says nothing about it.

The 3 stacked car icon indicates subscription status Green = Active subscription, Yellow = Expired subscription. You can't turn the status indicator off. Your option is to turn off traffic updates but then you no longer get traffic updates if you want them.

bbjrhome 11-01-2011 04:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Image and explanation from Nav manual

DGipson 11-01-2011 06:18 PM

I did not see this in the manual. I must be blind. Thanks for the info. Seems like a way to keep nagging us to pay Sirius money.