Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Remote Start Comfort System (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/remote-start-comfort-system-30297.html)

rglide 10-28-2011 09:57 PM

Remote Start Comfort System

Does anyone know exactly what the remote start comfort system is in the EVIC.. 2012 Overland

12167jeep 10-28-2011 10:09 PM

Re: Remote Start Comfort System

Turns on the seats and heated wheel when its cold enough and ventilated seats when its hot enough.

Cherodude 10-29-2011 06:21 AM

And A/C when its hot enough.

Red G8R 10-29-2011 08:17 AM

I used my remote start yesterday at 4 C (39 F) and it activated the auto climate control, heated driver seat, steering wheel, side mirrors and rear defroster.

77Cherokee 10-29-2011 10:47 AM

It will only activate the climate control if it was on when the engine was last turned off.

bbjrhome 10-30-2011 07:11 AM

Getting ready for the wife 2012 GC have been doing a lot of reading. Here is the info from the Owners Manual

Seections
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE
Page 32

Remote Start Comfort Systems — If Equipped When remote start is activated, the heated steering wheel, and driver heated seat features will automatically turn on in cold weather. In warm weather, the driver vented seat feature will automatically turn on when the remote start is activated. These features will stay on through the duration of remote start or until the ignition switch is turned to the ON/RUN position.

The Remote Start Comfort System can be activated and deactivated through the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC). For more information on Remote Start Comfort System operation refer to “Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)/Customer-Programmable Features.

UNDERSTANDING YOUR INSTRUMENT PANEL
Page 282

Remote Start Comfort Sys.

When this feature is selected and the remote start is activated, the heated steering wheel and driver heated seat features will automatically turn on in cold weather. In warm weather, the driver vented seat feature will automatically turn on when the remote start is activated. These features will stay on through the duration of remote start or until the key is turned to RUN. To make your selection, press and release the SELECT button until a check-mark appears next to the feature showing the system has been activated or the check-mark is removed, showing the system has been deactivated.

kxc223 10-31-2011 04:57 AM

I read the manual and was dissapointed that the rear defrost would not come on as well as the seats,wheel etc. I was pleasantly surprised though when I used it for the first time and found that it in fact did turn on the rear defrost. I wonder why they left out mentioning the rear defrost in the manual?

johhn14 10-31-2011 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kxc223 (Post 506662)
I read the manual and was dissapointed that the rear defrost would not come on as well as the seats,wheel etc. I was pleasantly surprised though when I used it for the first time and found that it in fact did turn on the rear defrost. I wonder why they left out mentioning the rear defrost in the manual?

I want front defrost to come on. I need to experiment to see if it will come on if it was on when the car was last turned off.

bbjrhome 11-01-2011 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johhn14 (Post 506681)
I want front defrost to come on. I need to experiment to see if it will come on if it was on when the car was last turned off.

That would be a major option flaw if windshield defrost didn't come on. Especially living in N.E. My Enclave truns on the heated mirrors, seats, windshied and rear defrost. (we don't have heated steering wheels)

Please do test and let me (us) know.

brianm929 11-07-2011 12:38 AM

It is below freezing up here in Canuck land.
Command start does turn on the front window defrost even if you do not have defrost turned on.
When you open the driver's side door the defrost turns off and returns the car to the setting you last had.
That's been my experience.
Brian.

johhn14 11-07-2011 09:00 AM

Hmm...thanks Brian. I will look for that.

I haven't yet tested this too thoroughly.

brianm929 11-07-2011 01:26 PM

I was wrong. I checked it again this morning. It doesn't flip the setting to defrost the front window (it uses you last setting). All it does it turn the fan on high. When you open the driver's door the fan speed returns to its previous setting. The one test I have not done is to set HVAC to auto and see what it does then.