Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Nav Auto-Dim (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/nav-auto-dim-30411.html)

Deception 11-01-2011 12:45 AM

Nav Auto-Dim

I'm not sure if this is just me or the car comes like this but every car that I've owned with navigation dims when the headlights turn on, except for my Jeep. I've looked everywhere in settings and cannot find a fix so I've had to manually switch the brightness. Yes my Nav is set to Auto mode but does not do anything.

carlosmp 11-01-2011 01:09 AM

Re: Nav Auto-Dim

For the auto dim function to work you have to set the brightness on the instrument cluster once click below locked. Let's see if I can explain properly.
If you dial the brightness setting all the way up it turns on the interior lights, one click lower locks the brightness level, one click below that ( max brightness if you like) that's where the auto dim works.

bbjrhome 11-01-2011 04:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
You can adjust manually and or automattically. The user guide seems to indicate that in order for the dash adjustment to work you need to set the unit to Auto "Auto Color Mode" But the manual doesn't eplain the way carlosmp is explaining, it seems they left out some detail in the manual ;-)

What I don't know and can't confirm as I don't have my vehicle yet. If the unit is not set to "Auto Color Mode" will the dash adjustment work?

Can someone confirm?

BuckeyeSRT 11-01-2011 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbjrhome (Post 507081)
You can adjust manually and or automattically. The user guide seems to indicate that in order for the dash adjustment to work you need to set the unit to Auto "Auto Color Mode" But the manual doesn't eplain the way carlosmp is explaining, it seems they left out some detail in the manual ;-)

What I don't know and can't confirm as I don't have my vehicle yet. If the unit is not set to "Auto Color Mode" will the dash adjustment work?

Can someone confirm?

I think it will dim the screen but not change the color mode.

Eric67 11-01-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosmp (Post 507063)
For the auto dim function to work you have to set the brightness on the instrument cluster once click below locked. Let's see if I can explain properly.
If you dial the brightness setting all the way up it turns on the interior lights, one click lower locks the brightness level, one click below that ( max brightness if you like) that's where the auto dim works.

+1. This way you can also choose to lighten up the nav when driving daytime with your lights on.:thumbsup:

Deception 11-01-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

This worked perfectly, kind of odd how the set up is, but none the less, thank you :thumbsup:

bbjrhome 11-01-2011 07:43 PM

Thanks for the confrmation.

Jessiebluecat 11-04-2011 07:58 PM

Thanks so much for posting this answer. I was also stumped (and blinded by the light) when my nav system wouldn't dim. Am now enjoying a properly lighted ride!

Debbi803 03-10-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Thank you so much! This has been driving me nuts! I agree, the manuals do not explain this at all, but once you explained it, it does make perfect sense!:)