Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Does rain sensing option operate rear wiper? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/does-rain-sensing-option-operate-rear-wiper-30414.html)

bbjrhome 11-01-2011 04:30 AM

Does rain sensing option operate rear wiper?

Hi don't have my vehicle yet. I guess I could wait until I got it to figure this out myself. But figured I'd ask so we build our Crowd Wizdom for others to find. :D

When the rain sensing option is enabled, does it control both the windshield and rear hatch wipers or only the windshield wipers?

Ratchet 11-01-2011 06:29 AM

Re: Does rain sensing option operate rear wiper?

Windshield only. Rear wiper has delay or constant on only.

AAAA 11-01-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbjrhome (Post 507082)
Hi don't have my vehicle yet. I guess I could wait until I got it to figure this out myself. But figured I'd ask so we build our Crowd Wizdom for others to find. :D

When the rain sensing option is enabled, does it control both the windshield and rear hatch wipers or only the windshield wipers?

While you are waiting for your vehicle go on the Jeep website and read (I printed it) the User Guide. It is much shorter than the manual (100 pages vs 600 or so). The guide covers the controls and dash nicely and succinctly.:thumbsup:

bbjrhome 11-01-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 507109)
While you are waiting for your vehicle go on the Jeep website and read (I printed it) the User Guide. It is much shorter than the manual (100 pages vs 600 or so). The guide covers the controls and dash nicely and succinctly.:thumbsup:

Have already ready it multiple times. It's not listed there either, thus the post. But thanks for the recommendation. I dont print seeing these files are all PDFs I keep them on my laptop, Thunderbolt and Xoom so I can get to them anywhere anytime, use search and if I can't find it post up.

Lingohocken 11-01-2011 09:20 PM

Department of Half Finished Features:
-Rain sensor turns on front wipers, not rear.
-Driver memories adjust seat, steering wheel and outer mirrors, but not center mirror or headrests.

netcoolery 11-02-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingohocken (Post 507627)
Department of Half Finished Features:
-Rain sensor turns on front wipers, not rear.
-Driver memories adjust seat, steering wheel and outer mirrors, but not center mirror or headrests.

Wouldn't you have to put a motor on the center mirror if you wanted to have an automatic adjustment?

Lingohocken 11-02-2011 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netcoolery (Post 507707)
Wouldn't you have to put a motor on the center mirror if you wanted to have an automatic adjustment?

Yes, and with micromotors it is entirely feasible.

SW03ES 11-02-2011 12:57 AM

I've never seen a car that has a power or memory rearview mirror, including on cars much more expensive than the Jeep.

As for the headrests, plenty of cars have power and memory headrests...but you're significantly above the price point of the Jeep.

Lingohocken 11-02-2011 01:09 AM

Agreed, but it can be done readily and affordably. It will happen in time because the buying market is inclined to respond favorably to this sort of TLC.

SW03ES 11-02-2011 03:29 PM

Memory seats and mirrors have been out for a *long* time...and it hasn't happened yet...

Anyways, cars may fly and microwave burritos for you while you drive one day, doesn't mean the JGC is "incomplete" now because it doesn't.

AAAA 11-02-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbjrhome (Post 507535)
Have already ready it multiple times. It's not listed there either, thus the post. But thanks for the recommendation. I dont print seeing these files are all PDFs I keep them on my laptop, Thunderbolt and Xoom so I can get to them anywhere anytime, use search and if I can't find it post up.

Yeh. Manuals tend not to discuss features that are not available. I meant only that it is a helpful read in general.
enjoy.;)

Lingohocken 11-02-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SW03ES (Post 508078)
Memory seats and mirrors have been out for a *long* time...and it hasn't happened yet...

Anyways, cars may fly and microwave burritos for you while you drive one day, doesn't mean the JGC is "incomplete" now because it doesn't.

Ours already warms up the burritos, and we're working on the wings. :D