Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Key has left vehicle?

12K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  77Cherokee 
#1 ·

Not sure how that happened?

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
This happened to me this morning. I just had the TSB performed for the alarm randomly going off. However it went away after about 30 seconds and I was able to start the Jeep.

EDIT: It was a key not detected message, the Jeep was off when I got it.

#5 ·
Mine will alert if you move a few inches left of the steering wheel. On the other hand, I don't recall having to cycle the ignition to clear the message. The transponder for the key is a lil below your radio.

#6 ·
I have a question...left the Jeep running this morning with the key in my pocket and when I came back, I was getting a chime and the "Key has Left Vehicle" message on EVIC. The only way to reset was to shut the vehicle off and re-start. Is this the expected behavior? I did a quick search of the Owner's Manual and couldn't find anything...

#7 ·
As I stated above, I've never had to cycle the ignition after returning with key in hand regardless if use the button on the door handle or leave the vehicle unlocked.

#9 ·
I have walked away and left it running several times. The chime and message do come on but stop as I re-open the door. I have never had to re-start it to clear the message/chime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.