Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   HTC Droid Eris (verizon) with 730N/430N (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/htc-droid-eris-verizon-with-730n-430n-30441.html)

Roki303 11-01-2011 02:54 PM

HTC Droid Eris (verizon) with 730N/430N

My phone is rather old (HTC Droid Eris) and was wondering is it going to work with UConnect. Anybody has any experience with this phone and UConnect in GC?

Lingohocken 11-01-2011 10:05 PM

Re: HTC Droid Eris (verizon) with 730N/430N

Bluetooth will almost certainly connect, but after that who knows. Phonebooks, audio streams and the like vary from phone to phone, but if you can get to a Jeep dealer you probably can test it out.

xsdbs 11-02-2011 09:32 AM

By looking at the BT specs: It seems that it will pair up and work. I would also say that it is less likely that you would have any issues. The reason is because most of the phones that are having issues are because of the way they are downloading the phone book to Uconnect. By the specs below, it doesn't look like this phone supports PBAP ( for phone book download), It does appear that it will do streaming audio from the phone for media. It also looks like it will support text messaging over bluetooth because it supports SMS.
As for the phone book not downloading will mean that you will need to manually store up to 32 contacts in the Uconnect phone book. This is not difficult and is menu driven as well as in the owners manual.
CONNECTIVITY
Bluetooth
yes
Bluetooth Technology
Bluetooth Profiles Supported
A2DP
A2DP
yes
Unknown
Bluetooth Pairings, HDMI, DLNA, TV out, FM Transmitter
TEXT MESSAGING
SMS
yes
EMS
yes
Email Formats
EMS

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roki303 (Post 507315)
My phone is rather old (HTC Droid Eris) and was wondering is it going to work with UConnect. Anybody has any experience with this phone and UConnect in GC?

Andrew Klossner 11-02-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsdbs (Post 507847)
It also looks like it will support text messaging over bluetooth because it supports SMS.

It supports SMS the same way all cell phones do: the phone itself can send and receive text messages. But the list of Bluetooth protocols doesn't include anything like MAP, so it cannot pass text messages over Bluetooth.

Roki303 11-03-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsdbs (Post 507847)
As for the phone book not downloading will mean that you will need to manually store up to 32 contacts in the Uconnect phone book. This is not difficult and is menu driven as well as in the owners manual.

Is the phone book only limited to 32 contacts? Is this only limitation on manual entry or it also applies to Bluetooth address book sync.

BobKid 11-15-2011 12:39 AM

I had a droid eris when i first got my '11 GC and initially it streamed audio just fine. But then verizon pushed an update and it lost that ability. BT phone still worked well, but audio streaming was gone.

xsdbs 11-16-2011 02:38 PM

Yes the Uconnect phone book is set at 32 contacts @ up to 4 contact numbers (ex: work, mobile, pager etc) for each contact. As for the Bluetooth section of uconnect, you can have up to 1.000 contacts and up to 4 numbers for each contact.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roki303 (Post 508690)
Is the phone book only limited to 32 contacts? Is this only limitation on manual entry or it also applies to Bluetooth address book sync.