Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Saying goodbye to the Laredo X ...

4K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  jgc4ever 
#1 ·
... and hello to the Overland V8!

Yes, yet another 3.6L owner defecting to the dark side :thumbsup:

Deep inside I have always regretted not getting the QuadraLift on our GC so while I was at the dealership getting service my salesman caught me eyeing up the V8 Overland in the showroom. After chatting for awhile he offered to let me take it for another spin - I had also driven one before we made the original purchase but being the auto enthusiast/big giant sucker that I am I said sure... big mistake.

I can without a doubt in my mind say that the Hemi I test drove 8 months ago either had something wrong with it or had old ECM/TCM software?? - dont really care to be honest but the difference was shocking. That along with all the added features and the deal I was offered I simply could not refuse swapping Jeeps right then and there.

The new ride is a Blackberry Pearl V8 Overland with Black interior, ORAII Pack, 730N, Sunroof and Rear Entertainment System. Love everything about it except the woodgrain dash - so that will be project #1 :D

Anyways here is one quick shot of the new beast! - More to follow eventually...

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
It's an 11' :thumbsup:

#6 ·
Welcome to the world of HEMI aka the world of Awesomeness.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Congrats! Enjoy!

#13 ·
Thanks for the comments all - loving it so far! Did sting the wallet a little, but less than I thought it would going in and I'm glad I made the swap.

A few interesting differences I have noticed:

1. Ride - the QL equipped Overland seems to absorb bumps in the road better and has a more planted feel than my X did. Sport mode actually feels similar to the X after I had the BWoody end links installed. Less body roll stock than the X for sure. Like it a lot!

2. Nav (430N vs new 730N) - The 430N was great because it is nice and simple and does everything you need it to. The 730N definitly has a better voice command interface but I find its a little more complicated to use. If you like all the settings/features you can handle go with the 730 - If you like straightforward easy to use then the 430 would be my choice. Both are great and I think the more I use and get used to the 730N the more I will like it. One other strange note is that the reverse camera on the 430 was better than the one on the 730. It had a bit sharper picture and worked great at night... the new one is sorta blurry and washed out at night esp if its raining. Anyone else notice this? possible an issue with the new cam?

3. Engine - I still feel the Pentastar is a great powerplant that is more than suitable for most drivers. Smooth, reliable, quiet and obviously lighter on the fuel side of things. That being said I am addicted to the new found power of the V8. Very smooth and a great sound especially when you get on it. Liked the Pentastar, Love the Hemi.

Guess thats it for now - I'm sure other little differences will come to light as I get more time in the seat.

#22 ·
#26 ·
Thanks Agent11 - At this point I am leaning towards wrap because it can be removed later on down the road and should look just as good as paint if done right. I also ordered a plain black leather steering wheel to replace the heated wood grain overland version. Hope that one's an easy swap as well.

Also have noticed a few more differences:

Stereo: The 430N had a favorite songs feature where it would auto tune to other sirius channels when one of your favorite songs came on. I dont think the 730N has that feature which is unfortunate because it's a great idea. Anyone know if it can be done?

Paint: The brilliant black paint on my X was good but there was a healthy amount of orange peel going on in certain locations. The Blackberry paint is much more consistant and does not have the orange peel. Perhaps the robotic painter joined in on one of the famous "smoke breaks" other employees were caught having at the plant before painting the X :D

#27 ·
Also have noticed a few more differences:

Stereo: The 430N had a favorite songs feature where it would auto tune to other sirius channels when one of your favorite songs came on. I dont think the 730N has that feature which is unfortunate because it's a great idea. Anyone know if it can be done?

730N has the favorite songs (and artists) feature, but instead of auto tuning, you just have to click yes to get the channel to change and play your song.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.