Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   laundry list of things wrong please help!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/laundry-list-of-things-wrong-please-help-30565.html)

inferno red wk 11-04-2011 12:43 AM

laundry list of things wrong please help!!!

so where to start i bought a lemon and well no i have to get it fixed heres the list of things wrong

shakes alittle at 70-80 mph
when i turn off the jeep i hear a poping sould like its my muffler expanding
and when i turn it on put it in drive when it shifts from first to second i hear a grinding of poping of somekind but only when i have the jeep from park to drive after just turning it on please help

socalwk 11-04-2011 10:51 AM

Re: laundry list of things wrong please help!!!

Mine shakes at 70 to 80....it's because it's a Jeep. But just to be sure get your tires rotated and balanced and get an alignment.

Not sure what the popping sound is when you turn it of.

When you shift and it makes that sound it's your differential bushings....gotta get them replaced.

All in all normal issues for the wk.

SvenskaJeepGuy 11-04-2011 12:57 PM

i had the popping sound............ if you look at your muffler right after you turn the jeep off it is red hot. it will eventually blow out. mine blew out at around 40k miles. as socal said, you need to replace the dif bushings. mine does not shake at all, so that is a problem.

inferno red wk 11-05-2011 12:57 AM

the diff bushings have already been replaced the sound is almost like the motor for the transfer case engaging. it is weird you have to have turned the jeep off then put it in drive and the sound happens right after shift that couldnt be the bushings could it

Bleeding Blue 11-05-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno red wk (Post 509406)
the diff bushings have already been replaced the sound is almost like the motor for the transfer case engaging. it is weird you have to have turned the jeep off then put it in drive and the sound happens right after shift that couldnt be the bushings could it

Mine makes that noise too, I always notice it right before the doors auto lock, dont know what it is though

inferno red wk 11-05-2011 10:26 PM

im going to check now because after you said that i noticed the auto lock i wonder if its just an acuator or some crap like that

dr.lee.baugh 11-07-2011 12:34 PM

Could also be the ABS system check. Depending on the conditions, this is sometimes audible and sometimes not.

This occurs at right around the same speed as the doors are locked.