Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Selec-Terrain konb to install on GC Lerado X (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/selec-terrain-konb-to-install-on-gc-lerado-x-30624.html)

yshoef 11-05-2011 04:54 AM

Selec-Terrain konb to install on GC Lerado X

interested to install the selec-terrain knob on a GC lerado X 2011.
Anyone has experience, whether it is an easy task of just attaching the knob instead of the "empty" compratment and attaching a wire down under, which is already preisntalled and waiting in all models ?
Or is it a complicated task?

rangersplash85 11-05-2011 07:41 AM

Re: Selec-Terrain konb to install on GC Lerado X

I believe it would be a little more involved. Models without the select-terrain have the single speed transfer case whereas models with select-terrain have the dual speed transfer case. The harness may be there but I'm guessing a lot of components would still be missing. Just my thoughts

1200RT-P 11-07-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangersplash85 (Post 509436)
I believe it would be a little more involved. Models without the select-terrain have the single speed transfer case whereas models with select-terrain have the dual speed transfer case. The harness may be there but I'm guessing a lot of components would still be missing. Just my thoughts

*Slightly* more involved .... just simply installing the controller will not give you functionality. Its an entire different system.

robpp 11-07-2011 02:56 PM

im sure you can just add it like the 'EASY' button at Staples :rolleyes:

SW03ES 11-07-2011 04:20 PM

Personally? I think it would be cheaper to trade out of your Laredo X with QT1 and into one with QTII than doing this yourself. Bunch of people on here have done that, my neighbor just did it as well going from a 2011 Limited to a 2012 Overland Summit and I was surprised how little the hit was on his Limited.

I kinda wish I'd gotten QTII too, not that I really need it...but its nice to know you have it if you need it.

CityCrawler 08-30-2012 09:01 PM

I too have wondered if this were possible, its only a $950 upcharge when building it online as an option on a Larado, could dealer do it aftermarket??

xJoshxx 09-01-2012 08:01 AM

To do aftermarket would require,the dealer to replace the transfer case which is easily $2k and tons of wiring and problems.

CityCrawler 09-01-2012 09:14 AM

What you say makes perfect sense, but I'm baffled as to how low the option is priced at initial build.

subbie09 09-01-2012 09:23 AM

That's b/c they are making the money up somewhere else.

scooterha 10-12-2012 05:51 AM

I have wondered about this also, haha when i got my Jeep i forgot all the all weather capability group and whoops, now i want it... and if i trade my current Jeep "the other" would kill me.

bill_de 10-12-2012 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CityCrawler (Post 677981)
What you say makes perfect sense, but I'm baffled as to how low the option is priced at initial build.

At build time it's substituting one system for another. Doing it after the fact you are buying a second set of parts. At build time the labor is about the same. After the fact it's remove and replace.

As already suggested, probably better to trade the vehicle you have for one that has what you want.