Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WJ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/)
-   -   Thoughts on getting new GC (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/thoughts-on-getting-new-gc-30628.html)

MagicRat 11-05-2011 09:30 AM

Thoughts on getting new GC

So I have had my 02 WJ for a while now. After 140k miles and 1 major accident ( who knew Jeeps could fly) I am thinking about getting a newer one. This does mean I will end up in WK land but that's alright. My GC is running good just some little things wrong with it. Just starting to get difficult to put more money in this ride. If it hadn't been wrecked I might keep it. However, I am in mood for new ride and other then MPG love my Jeeps.

So thoughts of getting rid of this for a newer one of just put more cash into it?

FredoinSF 11-05-2011 11:58 AM

Re: Thoughts on getting new GC

I sold mine because it kept having little and not so little things go wrong at only 100k miles. Too bad cuz I liked the utility and poor weather competence.
I drove several WK2's and they are fantastic vehicles not to mention a good value for the money. I didn't get another Jeep because I realized that I really don't need a snow car that large and I valued gas mileage a lot more than the size.

Amelie 11-05-2011 02:04 PM

Are you thinking of getting a WK or WK2? WK's are a great vehicle and I'm sure you could find a great used model depending on what year model you're interested in. As for the WK2, I'm not so sure I would delve into buying one of those with the current state of the economy unless you're someone who has to have everything new lol.

MagicRat 11-05-2011 03:31 PM

If I decide to get something it will be a WK. found a few used ones for good price. Still, I like having no payment now :). Tough call since I do like my WJ it's just getting old.

Martyp 11-05-2011 03:43 PM

I wonder the same thing sometimes to be honest with mine. Have a look on AutoTrader to see whats out there.

WKs are very well priced, although most are diesels here which I wouldn't want. The odd HEMI pops up as does the SRT (insurance would hurt on that tho).

Problem is the condition. My WJ is 'mint' and I mean that. My boss at work bought a three year old car and it has several scratches, a ding (which the dealer fixed) and bumper rash up front. He didn't pick up on the scratches but things like that would annoy me and I'd need to pay to get it resprayed/fixed.

If my Jeep had been in an accident and was round 140k I would be considering moving though, so I'd say go for it!

I'm maybe just loopy, spent 3.5k on my Jeep this year. Double that and I could be in an '06 Limited HEMI or a little more Overland. But still, I just love the thing! :D