Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   Going a little insane. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/going-a-little-insane-30672.html)

JoePistone 11-06-2011 02:22 AM

Going a little insane.

My greetings to everyone. Canadian citizen (originally palestinian) living in Kuwait! Ordered a stone white 2011 JGC overland , with the 5.7 hemi and with the frost beige interior. Won't have my hands behind the wheel until Sunday (earliest). Week holiday today in Kuwait so everything is closed till then.

I can't wait!! I wanted the tan and black interior but they would have to makena special order for that because they ran out of white JGC in the trim levels I wanted with that interior. Not bothered though, had a preference for the tan but the frost beige has it's own charm. I am just a little worried that it may easily get dirty compared to the tan.

I've been roaming around this board for a while now, only registered last night though. Hoping to have some pics for you guys as soon as I drive her off the lot. Fingers crossed for Sunday!! I'll keep you all posted!

I will admit at first I wanted black but, I've grown in to wanting the stone white so bad. Can't wait to take her off into the desert!!!!

JoePistone 11-06-2011 02:27 AM

Re: Going a little insane.

Btw I was originally at dodge to put a down payment and start the process on a Durango .. Then I glanced off to the side and saw the JGC. Couldn't resist.

That day I decided to think it through. 2 days later I'm in the dealership putting down a reservation fee for the JGC lol.

Gotta love how life takes such a turn ;p I'm happy I decided to go with the jeep .

BuckeyeSRT 11-06-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoePistone (Post 509938)
Btw I was originally at dodge to put a down payment and start the process on a Durango .. Then I glanced off to the side and saw the JGC. Couldn't resist.

That day I decided to think it through. 2 days later I'm in the dealership putting down a reservation fee for the JGC lol.

Gotta love how life takes such a turn ;p I'm happy I decided to go with the jeep .

I really liked the Durango too until I went to a local car show and just fell in love with the GC. Love my choice too!

AAAA 11-06-2011 01:50 PM

I realize that the majority of members of this forum like the black exterior. IMO you need to own a black vehicle once in your life to realize that even when it is clean it doesn't look clean and doesn't stay clean. You can see every swirl and mark on the paint. Been there, done that. Midrange to light colors for me! Even when a white vehicle is dirty, it looks clean.

JoePistone 11-06-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 510092)
I realize that the majority of members of this forum like the black exterior. IMO you need to own a black vehicle once in your life to realize that even when it is clean it doesn't look clean and doesn't stay clean. You can see every swirl and mark on the paint. Been there, done that. Midrange to light colors for me! Even when a white vehicle is dirty, it looks clean.

That is basically why I opted for the white. I feared the high summer temps of Kuwait and the amount of sand+dust would not be the best for black. Though I have a secret love for black. When I knew it wasn't an option I knew white was my only choice!!! Classy, easy to maintain, and I think wonderful colour for if i decide to do any exterior mods!

Scottina06 11-06-2011 02:18 PM

welcome!

JoePistone 11-06-2011 03:02 PM

Thanks Scott!! I'm super excited to be a part of the community!!

JETLIFE 11-06-2011 03:18 PM

I used to have tan leather in my WK, just be cautious of wearing raw denim.

I also owned a black vehicle (Durango) and I agree, midrange to light colours for me from now on, unless I am fortunate enough to own a classic car for weekend cruises.

But... My girlfriends Mazda is pearl white, and while it does stay clean for a while, it takes forever to clean it.

AAAA 11-06-2011 03:38 PM

Actually red is my favorite, but wife will not let me have a red vehicle. Oh, Oh here she comes..............

BuckeyeSRT 11-06-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 510092)

I see the point about the swirls but, if you know how to remove them(& know what causes them), black looks awesome.

Chaoul1 11-06-2011 08:22 PM

Welcome and Congrats!

JoePistone 11-07-2011 02:19 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome! Can't wait to be posting her up and taking her out to the desert!!