Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   AEV EGR/Predator Diablo Question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/aev-egr-predator-diablo-question-30698.html)

No One 11-06-2011 02:33 PM

AEV EGR/Predator Diablo Question

Any of you have the AEV EGR installed and running a Predator Diablo program?

Scottina06 11-06-2011 07:32 PM

Re: AEV EGR/Predator Diablo Question

you may be able to get a CMR tune that does the same thing as the aev egr. Contact flyinryan...he is doing cmr's now

mrtosh 11-07-2011 01:07 AM

I have this same question about the AEV EGR and the Superchips Flashpaq. Appears a few guys are running the combo together without issue. I'm thinking the DS would be the same. I'm curious as well though. Please post feedback if you do get them to work together.

Thanks!

FlyinRyan 11-09-2011 03:13 PM

I know tire size and such can be adjusted. I know we can modify the ESP values.I dont see why you couldnt use this in conjunction, although IMO to have this module seems a little pointless aside from retaining ESP once you have a custom tune.

Sometimes in CMR you have simple on/off switches and other times you have other ways of manipulating the tables so that even though there is no simple switch, you can disable or desensitize that given table.

What exactly we can do or not do will be heavily dependent on year- 07-10 seems to be the most thoroughly mapped- and PCM cal.

No One 11-11-2011 09:55 PM

My bad, should have why I posted this question. When I installed the EGR everything worked great, then I installed a Jet Chip and everything ran better for a few months...until it didn't.The electrical warning light was flashing and the engine was sputtering. X2 with a different Jet Chip. Sometime later I hooked up a Hypertech Econ programmer and the same thing happened. I sold the Hypertech to a co-worker with a '07 Durango HEMI and he has never had a problem. I figured that the CPU on my WK might be overwhelmed with what amounts to two different programmers in the system.

FlyinRyan, would one buy the Diablo then send it to you, or do you sell them already loaded with the custom tuning?

FlyinRyan 11-12-2011 07:17 AM

We sell tunes, get the handheld and necessary software, simply send me what file youre running (email in sig) and we will send you a custom trans tune...

mrtosh 11-12-2011 11:27 AM

Flyinryan, so you can turn off the esp permanently in a CMR, Where you don't have to turn it off everytime you start the jeep? Or at least until you want to turn it back on via another tune?

FlyinRyan 11-13-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtosh (Post 514055)
Flyinryan, so you can turn off the esp permanently in a CMR, Where you don't have to turn it off everytime you start the jeep? Or at least until you want to turn it back on via another tune?

I edited my above post, added some more detail.

Torque Management plays a key role in ESP activation. By default we remove almost all of the TM there in the tune. In doing this I'm not even sure what ESP would do with all of this TM removed. So by removing a bunch of spark retard functions in the TM tables corresponding to ESP it may not even be necessary to turn it off? In other words the PCM will see it as ESP being "on", however in actuality it would be rendered ineffective/useless.

A complete disabling of ESP is something we have not played with yet. As mentioned in my previous post, what we could do with it may be dependent on what all is there in CMR to adjust...which is in turn dependent on the PCM/TCM/model year.