Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Can I change turn signal blinking pattern? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/can-i-change-turn-signal-blinking-pattern-30794.html)

bigpanda 11-07-2011 07:44 PM

Can I change turn signal blinking pattern?

WK2 comes with one-touch turn signal that blinks 3 times and I was wondering whether it can be reset to blink 5 times.

robpp 11-07-2011 09:28 PM

Re: Can I change turn signal blinking pattern?

no

1200RT-P 11-08-2011 12:52 AM

anything is possible, but, as above, not easily.

Kevlars 11-08-2011 01:15 AM

Hit it again after the first three and Chrysler will give you one extra blink for free, for a total of 6. :)

Milous 11-08-2011 03:39 AM

With the StarScan a dealer can set it to "Elderly Mode" where it will blink 150 times with one touch.

brandont 11-08-2011 08:22 AM

We have a GTI and 328, both with the 3 blink feature. Both can be set to 5 blinks if you want. I think the GTI has to have the dealer do it though. I thought 5 blinks would be better but honestly I realized I was just taking too long to change lanes. Look first then hit your signal and it should be plenty of time. Otherwise the dealer might be able to do it for you.

GR33N D3M0N 11-08-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 511563)
With the StarScan a dealer can set it to "Elderly Mode" where it will blink 150 times with one touch.

LOL so true!

bigpanda 11-08-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandont (Post 511618)
We have a GTI and 328, both with the 3 blink feature. Both can be set to 5 blinks if you want. I think the GTI has to have the dealer do it though. I thought 5 blinks would be better but honestly I realized I was just taking too long to change lanes. Look first then hit your signal and it should be plenty of time. Otherwise the dealer might be able to do it for you.

Thanks. I will ask the dealer about it.

moosehead 11-08-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 511563)

you funny

Nissan-SR20-Man 11-08-2011 09:18 PM

Ok, it turns on the lights, dims the lights, turns on high beams, turns on drl, turns on heated seats and defrost when cold out, turns on wipers, adjust mirrors and seats automatically, adjust 4 wheel drive, and checks the tire pressures all automatically while i talk on my bluetooth phone while rubbing one out while driving. I can manage the turn signal with the other hand.

If this thing had a beer fridge and a grow room i would be set! Damn jeep for not thinging of everything!!! I should report jeep to rip off report, i feel taken advantage of.

Jeep_addicted 01-08-2012 10:17 PM

In theory you should be able to increase the number of blinks. I did this mod to my Touareg increased it from 3 to five blinks.

It is more than likely possible to do, the question is does the service manager or the tech at your dealership aware of the possibility.

1200RT-P 01-09-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeep_addicted (Post 548536)
In theory you should be able to increase the number of blinks. I did this mod to my Touareg increased it from 3 to five blinks.

It is more than likely possible to do, the question is does the service manager or the tech at your dealership aware of the possibility.

easy fix with VAGCOM on the Touareg. Not entirely sure if its as easy on the Jeep.