Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   IPhone songs sound like the chipmunks (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/iphone-songs-sound-like-the-chipmunks-30813.html)

WABCLawyers 11-07-2011 11:45 PM

IPhone songs sound like the chipmunks

Is there a fix for this?
All my songs play Hyperfast and sound like the chipmunks
Tx.

lll2for3lll 11-07-2011 11:50 PM

Re: IPhone songs sound like the chipmunks

Try:

-Reboot (hold home and power together)
-Respring (if you're jailbroken)
-Force Quit (Hold home until "slide to...." appears and then release and hold the home button until music app close.

Reboot is the first thing you should always try. Lol.

Lucas J 11-08-2011 07:14 AM

is this with head phones or when connected to you jeeps radio?

jcarone 11-10-2011 08:05 AM

I get the same thing when playing over bluetooth. I have tried with iPhone, Android (Original Droid, Droid Incredible, Droid Incredible 2, Droid 3), and an iPad - ALL of them have the same issue with playing like it is stuck with the fast forward key on.

Basically, I have given up on trying to bluetooth stream music. The dealer blames it on the phones (they got it to work with a Blackberry), but with 6+ devices by different manufacturers I think there is an obvious problem there...

faust 11-10-2011 08:35 AM

I gave up playing ipod over bluetooth. I just got cable and connected from headphone jack to radio.

lll2for3lll 11-10-2011 09:24 AM

Lol. Who uses RIM anymore? Lol.

Deception 11-10-2011 06:36 PM

Could be a bad sync with the music... Try restoring and re-syncing, that might fix your issue.

JETLIFE 11-10-2011 06:53 PM

Even if you get it working, it will still sound awful. Playing music over blutooth will always have terrible sound quality, the tech is just not here yet.

lll2for3lll 11-10-2011 07:20 PM

Sounds like a conflict between both devices and can be fixed by altering/updating the software.

Also.... iOS 5.0.1 was released today. Install it and try it again.

4th Cherokee 11-10-2011 07:51 PM

IPhone works perfectly on my Wk2, the trick is to black out the home screen

PECo 11-11-2011 10:47 AM

I haven't had any issues with streaming music over Bluetooth with my IPhone 4 running iOS 5.0 in my 2012 Overland that was built in 10/2012. It works and sounds great, although I wish that it would automatically begin playing music from my phone like my wife's 2012 Infiniti M37x AWD does. However, I'm still working on installing a dock mount, because I don't like having to open the center console to plug my phone into the USB port and to remove my phone from the car.

Thanks to lll2for3lll for the information about the availability of iOS 5.0.1. :)

Andrew Klossner 11-11-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deception (Post 513207)
Could be a bad sync with the music... Try restoring and re-syncing, that might fix your issue.

Uh ... no. There is no possibility that this is a sync issue.

OP doesn't tell us which head unit he has. I'm guessing it's a 730N, as I've seen some reports of this behavior. The fix seems to be to make sure you have current iOS and to have your phone running the music player ap, not showing the home screen.

If you have a 430N, be sure you've had TSB 08-036-11 rev A applied. It affects iPhone behavior with USB, not Bluetooth, but it's worth having. My iPod didn't work before this TSB.