Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   2011 WK2 transmission issues (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2011-wk2-transmission-issues-30834.html)

Richl 11-08-2011 02:48 PM

2011 WK2 transmission issues

Well yesterday on my way to work the transmission started acting up. 5.7 liter 5 speed. When it shifts from first to second it throws like a false neutral for a second (the motor revs increase) then jumps into second, and the balance of the upshifts are normal. Then on the way home the CEL came on as soon as I started the Jeep up. It continues the funny shifting all day today. I have been also having issues for a while when the car is cold and you first put in gear, forward or reverse it's pretty slow to do so

Off to the dealer tomorrow

Richl

brianm929 11-08-2011 06:26 PM

Re: 2011 WK2 transmission issues

Keep us up to date!

Richl 11-13-2011 09:44 AM

Re: 2011 WK2 transmission issues Update...

Well I got my Jeep back yesterday
the CEL had 3 fault codes P0934, P0868, P0731 ( checked on allpars site and cannot seem to find these codes) Anyone know where I can find out what they mean?

They opened a case with STAR and here is what they did to resolve the issue.
They flashed the PCM for a harsh 1-2 upshift, replaced the transmission flow valve to pump. The governor pressure sensor, both transmission filters and the pressure sensor,replaced the flow bypass valve.

Things appear to be back to normal now.

I can't thank Larson Dodge enough. They were courteous, professional, they called every day to give me an update.

My courtesy car was only suppose to be comped for one day then $30/day afterwards (remember they were not the dealership I purchased the Jeep from) and they did not charge me for the extra days.

They also fixed the drivers side rear seat as it would not fold down.

Richl

77Cherokee 11-13-2011 06:11 PM

Sounds like you've found a good dealer. Hope your tranny problems are over. :)

ndxgc 11-17-2011 08:48 PM

Mine just went in for a CEL/MIL and while I thought it was the knock sensor again, I was told that it is the transmission.

Mine is a '11 Laredo V6 5 speed.

They had it all day today and can't figure out exactly what is wrong. I will update as I find out.

No courtesy car for me yet and it is definitely a headache. My previous car brand offered a car even for the smallest things, and usually a company loaner, not a POS rental.

EDIT: My Laredo has 3500 miles and it is just under 3 months old.

J13ntv 11-17-2011 09:28 PM

ndxgc I saw there is a TSB for the MIL, but what is this MIL? Is it a light on the dash which means service is necessary? For example what made you go to the dealer what is your issue?

ndxgc 11-21-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 517302)
ndxgc I saw there is a TSB for the MIL, but what is this MIL? Is it a light on the dash which means service is necessary? For example what made you go to the dealer what is your issue?

I have yet to be informed what triggered the MIL - Malfunction Indicator Light (I"m used to calling it CEL/Check Engine Light).

I took it in as the light turned on, and I previously had it in for service for a bad knock sensor. This time I mentioned that the trans had been shifting funny (long delays between shifts, holds on to gear at peak RPM for a long period) and they looked at it as well.

If you see my thread, you can read about my problems. I did get a courtesy car through Enterprise and ended up in a Fiat 500.

Long story short, they still haven't figured out what the problem is. They want to install a recorder to capture data and figure it out from that.

12167jeep 11-22-2011 01:17 AM

A Fiat 500. :rolllol:

danielmkraft 11-22-2011 02:02 AM

P0934 looks like a hydraulic pressure sensor maybe?
P0868 looks like transmission Fluid sensor
And here is the description for the last code. "This diagnosis monitors actual gear position by checking the torque converter slip ratio calculated by Transmission Control Module (TCM) as follows:

Torque converter slip ratio = A x C/B

A: Output shaft revolution signal from revolution sensor
B: Engine speed signal from Engine Control Module (ECM)
C: Gear ratio determined as gear position which TCM supposes

If the actual gear position is higher than the position (1st) supposed by TCM, the slip ratio will be more than normal. In case the ratio exceeds the specified value, TCM judges this diagnosis malfunction."

Not a mechanic, just googled the codes.
Hope this helps, and good luck.
And nd-sorry to hear about the fiat. Hope you had a good disguise ;-)