Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Tech Tips DIY/How To (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f75/)
-   -   All owners who purchased USED must read!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f75/all-owners-who-purchased-used-must-read-30841.html)

kmitch80 11-08-2011 05:09 PM

All owners who purchased USED must read!!

I also posted this on another site, but its great info for those who dont know!

Was playing around on the internet, and went to the jeep website. Decided to register and be a member. Takes 2 minutes. Once in there i added my vehicle by the VIN#. After a few minutes it will update your vehicles info, after which i found what i thought to be something VERY useful... under vehicle information, you have a sevice history link, that will show you all service history performed on your vehicle when taken to a dealer where the VIN was inputted. Tells you the date, the dealer who performed the service, the service performed (click on the date) and the mileage. Pretty good info if you ask me!!! Not sure how far back it goes as far as year of your vehicle, but all of my 06 info is there!:thumbsup:

https://www.jeep.com//hostb/crossbrand/owners/en/

Scottina06 11-08-2011 06:32 PM

Re: All owners who purchased USED must read!!

thanks bro! My Jeep comes up...but no service history....LOL

SvenskaJeepGuy 11-08-2011 10:17 PM

no service history for me either

DrLocke 11-08-2011 10:49 PM

Weird. I looked up my service records last week for the same car and got a service record. In fact there were parts that needed to be replaced but apparently the P/N have been changed since because there was no item.
Now when I looked up my service record it says no records available and I should check back later.
Just wondering what happened to the records I saw.

Scottina06 11-09-2011 12:15 AM

Ive only had a mirror changed and drivers side exhaust manifold....neither showed

DaBigBone 11-09-2011 02:40 AM

Definitely a great site. Both mine and my girlfriends are registered on there.

ItsAJeepThing 11-09-2011 02:58 AM

Thanks. Will look into this in the morning

2005JGC 11-10-2011 04:29 AM

Most service information is owned by the franchise... Being an employee at a dealer that bought out a Chrysler Dodge franchise about 2 years ago now, for the longest time we got people swaring they were in our system or asking for service records... not the case. I am not sure what it takes for a repair to show up there but rarely is there alot of information there. Attached to our repair orders we have the vin information, all the owner info, warranty coverage, and I am assuming the same "repair" information that would be shown there and rarely is there information on previous work.

SvenskaJeepGuy 11-10-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005JGC (Post 512800)
Most service information is owned by the franchise... Being an employee at a dealer that bought out a Chrysler Dodge franchise about 2 years ago now, for the longest time we got people swaring they were in our system or asking for service records... not the case. I am not sure what it takes for a repair to show up there but rarely is there alot of information there. Attached to our repair orders we have the vin information, all the owner info, warranty coverage, and I am assuming the same "repair" information that would be shown there and rarely is there information on previous work.

yep, chrysler told me the same thing when i requested repair history after buying my jeep. they said you would have to get it from each individual dealer that serviced it.

dandankler 11-10-2011 06:23 PM

thats weird:o....toyota does this also but all of my services come up from every location.....

SvenskaJeepGuy 11-10-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dandankler (Post 513192)
thats weird:o....toyota does this also but all of my services come up from every location.....

does this suprise you? it is chrysler lol

soontobesrt 11-11-2011 02:31 PM

It couldnt find my Jeep. Early 2005 model so not too surprising I guess?