Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   new tires and tpms ? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/new-tires-and-tpms-30843.html)

ryanwk 11-08-2011 05:39 PM

new tires and tpms ?

so i had a stelership put on the tires i got from tire rack yesterday grabber at2 in 255/65/17 jeep is all stock with the advanced tpms. and now the psi numbers on the dash are do not match up with the right tires. they are all working and showing the right psi but left rear is in the right rear on the display and so on. also about 5 months ago i had to replace 2 tpms due to broken stems got them from rock auto and dealer tells me that they can not check them with star scan tool does this seam right?and how do I fix the tpms thanks for any help

Redpit 11-08-2011 06:30 PM

Re: new tires and tpms ?

You could always get a programmer and turn them off. Kill 2 birds with one stone. Get improved performance and solve your tpms.

Don's GC 11-09-2011 11:34 AM

I ran into this problem a while back, and had to buy tpms sensors from Chrysler to fix the problem. The sensor has an id number that the star Scanner has to store in the system. an aftermarket sensor would probably work with the basic system, but not with the psi advanced system.

antsjeep 11-14-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don's GC (Post 512356)
I ran into this problem a while back, and had to buy tpms sensors from Chrysler to fix the problem. The sensor has an id number that the star Scanner has to store in the system. an aftermarket sensor would probably work with the basic system, but not with the psi advanced system.

+1 :thumbsup:

Jasp123333 05-01-2012 06:29 PM

what program is that

dmsfun 05-02-2012 09:26 AM

It works, so not all bad news; in the long run it is cheaper to just leave things as is, and realize the displays are reversed. It will cost quite a lot more to buy OEM sensors from the stealer plus the labor just to have them replaced.

Antonio186 05-02-2012 09:43 AM

all you have to do is retrain the TPMS sensors.

i have the advanced tpms system in mine and when i got them rotated they did the same thing. im not sure about the WK, but on the WJ there is a TPMS training magnet in your jeep under the rear seat. if you dont have one, you can substitute it it with a 6x9 Speaker magnet, mine was missing so i used the speaker and worked like a charm. all you need to do is going to the EVIC and select retrain TPMS, after each tire is trained the horn will beep. and thats it

all the right psi readings on all the correct tires

swarmer 05-22-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanwk (Post 511989)
so i had a stelership put on the tires i got from tire rack yesterday grabber at2 in 255/65/17 jeep is all stock with the advanced tpms.

Pics? :D