Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Starting my build! Pics inside (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/starting-my-build-pics-inside-30874.html)

DaBigBone 11-09-2011 03:31 PM

Starting my build! Pics inside

1 Attachment(s)
FINALLY got around to getting the stereo set up. This is a "budget" build, so don't bash the brands or anything.

I've had many alpine products in the past and was very satisfied. They provide a great mix between quality and price.

I'm going to start tomorrow morning and will post pics when I get the jeep torn apart!

VegasDragger45 11-09-2011 10:23 PM

Re: Starting my build! Pics inside

Nice set up. You will love the flexibility of the Kicker wires. I've ran that kit in every vehicle I've owned. Also that amp is great I installed one in my brothers Camaro in the spare tire location under the trunk lid where it gets super hot and it has never faulted.

tri0829 11-09-2011 10:42 PM

how much did it cost you in total?
im thinkin this maybe my christmas gift this year haha... post some info on the install when your all done id like to know how it goes

Chuck 11-09-2011 11:22 PM

Thinking about getting the same door speakers, let me know how it is.

tig488 11-10-2011 02:31 PM

nice setup, what you puttin in the dash?

DaBigBone 11-11-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VegasDragger45 (Post 512697)
Nice set up. You will love the flexibility of the Kicker wires. I've ran that kit in every vehicle I've owned. Also that amp is great I installed one in my brothers Camaro in the spare tire location under the trunk lid where it gets super hot and it has never faulted.

Yea I absolutely love the kicker wires. I also used them in my previous 2 cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tri0829 (Post 512705)
how much did it cost you in total?
im thinkin this maybe my christmas gift this year haha... post some info on the install when your all done id like to know how it goes

I only have about $600 in everything. I shopped around Amazon and got a couple sale prices

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 512724)
Thinking about getting the same door speakers, let me know how it is.

So far so good!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tig488 (Post 513035)
nice setup, what you puttin in the dash?

Stock :thumbsup:

DaBigBone 11-11-2011 03:05 PM

Got the dash and front speakers done! Install was a breeze, I got the adapters from crutchfield so it's literally plug and play.

The sound is AMAZING! The S35 tweeters in the dash are incredibly clear. The sound the 6x9 alpines put out is simply amazing considering how much I paid for them! I'll get some pics up in a bit and hopefully tomorrow morning I get the back speakers done

tig488 11-11-2011 10:46 PM

you really should put some mids in the dash for some more fill. tweets are better than stock, but some 3.5 mids up there do alot. ive got pioneer 3.5s in the dash, jl audio coaxial 6x9s in the doors, jl audio 5.5s with seperate tweeters in the rear doors, sounds phenomenal.

either way, i know youre glad you upgraded.

TurboDiesel 11-11-2011 11:12 PM

thats sick man

did u have stock speakers or BA???

DaBigBone 11-12-2011 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tig488 (Post 513883)
you really should put some mids in the dash for some more fill. tweets are better than stock, but some 3.5 mids up there do alot. ive got pioneer 3.5s in the dash, jl audio coaxial 6x9s in the doors, jl audio 5.5s with seperate tweeters in the rear doors, sounds phenomenal.

either way, i know youre glad you upgraded.

I thought about it. I got the 3-way 6x9s for the front, so I'm satisfied with that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboDiesel (Post 513896)
thats sick man

did u have stock speakers or BA???

I had the BA system. This is still a very large upgrade.

The bass is incredible and I havent even installed the sub yet!

TurboDiesel 11-12-2011 11:32 AM

whatttt i must do this then LOL
do they work well with the stock amp??

DaBigBone 11-13-2011 10:33 AM

They work great! Obviously they aren't being pushed to their full potential, but it's still a big improvement over stock.